23

Desean P.O.V

Today was June 1st. A.k.a, Marcus' birthday. I definitely didn't forget, but I haven't really left his bed since the other day. I couldn't believe she wouldn't tell me some shit like that. Like I know what I said, but death is totally different. I don't get it. Why would she do that to me? I loved my dad, and even though we didn't get along, he was still my dad. My fucking heart man.

I t had to be about 8 in the morning, and I was in bed alone. Marcus was around here somewhere, probably cooking me breakfast, because I hadn't been eating alot. Every morning he had been cooking for me to insure that I ate. Even when I didn't want to.

I turned over in the bed, away from the door, snuggling into the soft and warm blankets closing my eyes. I just want to sleep.

I heard the door open and figured it had to be Marcus.

"I know you're awake," I heard Marcus say as he walked around to my side of the bed and squatted down in front of me. "I made you breakfast,"

"Thank you," I responded not moving. I'll eat it later. "Happy birthday baby,"

"Thank you beautiful," He told me cheesing hard.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything. I just haven't been in the mood to leave the house. I'll give you money though for now, Can you hand me my bag?," I spoke, watching him chuckle before kissing my head.

"I'm good. I'll be downstairs," He told me making me grab him.

"But I wanna give you something," I spoke looking up at him.

"Nah, it's fine baby. I don't want you to give me anything. My birthday is not that important to me, just another year of living baby. I appreciate it though," He told me kissing my head. I let out a sigh letting him go as he walked away again. I'm getting him something anyway.

After laying down a little bit longer, I decided to get up and go eat. I walked downstairs and I got he kitchen where Micah and Marcus were sitting at the island eating.

"Morning," Micah greeted, taking a sip of his drink.

"Morning," I responded making me a plate of food.

"You feeling better?," He asked me as I shrugged, before sitting down.

"I don't know how I feel. It just doesn't feel real. I can't believe he's gone and I didn't even get to send him off properly. I feel like shit for saying what I said to him and now he's gone. Im a terrible son," I spoke lowly, playing with my food.

"Desean, don't do that. You're not a bad son. And you had a right to distance yourself from them, to keep your mental and your peace right. I'm sorry that he's gone baby, but don't start acting like this is your fault and the reason y'all weren't as close is your fault. Their actions caused you to take a step away from of them. And you didn't get to send him off properly because you didn't know baby. None of it was your fault," Marcus told me, rubbing my back, as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You're going to be ok baby. Imma make sure of it. Anything you wanna do today to take your mind off of everything?," He asked me, taking sip of your coffee.

"Why are you asking me? It's your birthday. What do you want to do today?," I asked him, watching him chuckle.

"Right man, what do you want to do for your birthday? You tryna get fucked up tonight?," Micah, said to him smiling.

"Whatever y'all wanna do I'm down. I told you I don't really care about my birthday like that," Marcus replied shrugging.

"How old are you again?," Micah asked me, making me side eye him, knowing what he was about to say.