Birdie's story of greed

Start from the beginning

"I am here because of you, not because of him. He by no means is at the fault, and don't think otherwise."
I spit my words, with force and anger.

"And why are you even doing this? Which mother in the world wants to destroy her blood, her son? Who derived pleasure by seeing her son in pain? You are sick."

The anger passed on her face for a brief second before she plastered her signature smile,

"Do you want to hear a story, Aarna?"
No, she did not wait for me to reply.

"There was this little birdie, her father was a gatekeeper and her mother a maid.
sometimes she used to accompany her mother in her work, there was this family her mother used to work for, the Mehta family had one daughter of the age of the birdie.

The birdie really liked all the toys and kitchen sets and dresses but she could only see them, not touch them, not play with them,
Why? Because she was a daughter of a maid.
Why? Because she was poor.
She wanted to have all of those good dresses, toys, and food and she promised she will have all of it."
Her face looked like she transpired into another world.
I gazed at the ceiling, thinking of the unfairness that the child had grown up with.
But I knew the child is Mrs. Yadav.
And instead of making sure her child doesn't go through the hurdles she went through, she dumped her child into a mountain of hurdles and problems and pain.
And for that, she didn't deserve my empathy.

"And she knew the only way to have whatever she wanted is by being rich and she grow up with one motive: money, one love: money.

Now she was eighteen, and somehow her parents supported her to join college, no she didn't join college to get a degree but to meet boys, rich boys.
But none of them were as rich as she wanted.
And one day she saw this luxurious rare-looking car on the way to her college.

After asking around she found that the car was contessa which only rich businessmen and superstars could afford.
And she found her ticket to get rich."
There was perseverance in her voice while describing it, I could imagine the determination she must had while pursuing the owner,
And if she is this beautiful at present it's not hard to imagine the beauty she must be then.
The man couldn't stand a chance to beauty like her with determination to gain everything.

"She religiously followed the man with the car, And she knew that he was rich with the cars he used to drive and the place he used to live.
With time she became friends and then something more. It was not hard to make him fall into her web in the pretense of love.
and then started the affair. His love of him for the birdie was real and the birdie's love for money was real.

She couldn't wait to marry him but she was afraid, what if the guy's rich parents would not agree with the relationship,
She used her mind and played the game and him as well."
She said the last part proudly.

"They started having sex, abandoned factory that the guy owned or she thought he owned,
And she got pregnant.
And she got a reason to be happy.
Now she told about her pregnancy to her parents, and after lots of taunts and a few slaps they agreed to meet the family of the guy."

And her expression changed from a winner too of a loser.

"But the joke was on her, the guy was an orphan and he was not the owner but the driver of the car.
And her parents made her marry the driver, which she denied, repeatedly, but they did not budge, why? because she was pregnant.
Her ticket to richness became the way of poverty.
She started loathing the child and the father of the child, after all, they both were the reason she could not have what she wanted since she was a child."

"What was their fault?
Did the father ever lie to you about his wealth?
Did the child tell you to conceive him?
If you wanted to use your pregnancy, and your child as a pawn and it backfired on you, then why blame others? And how could you use a bond of a mother to be rich? It's the greatest emotion and purest bond in the world."