He sighs and rolls his eyes in a fake bothered way. He speaks up.

"No, she likes you more than me." He says in a fake annoyed tone that makes me stifling a laugh.

I could tell he was obviously kidding. I stop putting woods on his arms and meets his gaze, he stays silent for a few moments before whispering a few words.

"I mean, who wouldn't like you?"

I try to keep my face still. I try to let no emotions show, and it was difficult. I don't know how to take this. Was he saying this in a friendly way or should I take it in another flirty way? I don't know. I guess I will just keep quiet, but it'll be awkward. Maybe I should say something.

"Because you already like me?" I ask in a jokingly way.

But I felt like he was considering this conversation serious. No jokes. Everything he was saying, he meant it. I don't even know if I should keep joking or if I should be serious.

"Yes." He whispers in a deep bittersweet voice.

I widen my eyes in surprise and he notices it. He smirks before squinting his eyes and tilting his head on the side. And I don't know why, I find this attractive.

"Already?" I ask in a whisper.

He nods and stays silent. Silence. It was quiet, I could almost hear bugs flying. I blink a few times, I still don't know if he was saying all this in a friendly way or not. Well I guess he was just being nice. Nothing else. He is being friendly Rhea. Just friends.

"You don't already like me too?" He asks.

I shyly smile before nodding my head positively, he smirks and I speak up.

"As friends." I answer.

And I could tell by his face that he was also talking in a friendly way all this time. And I am relieved it wasn't in another way. His ears lifts up and I find this so cute. He raises his eyebrows with a smile.

"As friends." He says.

I smile at him and we start walking away to find more wood, still in silence but sometimes talking. Talking about everything and anything. I feel like I can literally talk about everything with him. He is the type to be open to every conversation topics.

"By the way, I saw you arguing with Aonung earlier." He suddenly says behind me.

I turn and look at him. He saw us. He maybe even heard us. Fuck. He probably knows we were arguing about him then. Oh my God please, get me out of this.

"Don't worry, I didn't hear anything. I just saw you guys." He says.

And it was as if he just read in my mind and reassured my fear. He pauses and speaks up again.

"Is everything alright? I was worried, I can't lie." Neteyam admits as he walks closer.

I smile at him in a reassuring way. I didn't want him to worry about this, and certainly not about me. He was so pure and caring. And that is when I thought that maybe being friend with him was a bad idea because I would keep telling myself that I don't deserve him. I don't deserve a friend like this.

"Yes, everything is alright." I smile at him.

He nods his head. But I knew he was not really convinced, so I'll try to convince him that everything is alright, because it truly is.

"Me and Aonung argue everyday, it'll get better tomorrow morning." I say.

And I don't know why, but I was not believing my words. It felt like it wouldn't get better tomorrow. And I don't why I had this intuition.

"Okay, I believe you then." He smiles at me.

It was as if he was about to tell me 'if you need to talk to someone, I am here' but maybe it was too early to share our lives like this. Like friends. But I am sure that we will soon be able to tell each other our fears and issues. It's also what friends are made for.

"We shouldn't be talking so much about me. I also want to know things about you." I say with a smile.

I can see him shyly smile, he tries to find the words to answer to this. We start walking away as we notice we have enough wood.

"So you are interesting in me?" He asks in a whisper.

I turn to him and ink my gaze in his with a smile. I nod my head positively before retorting.

"Of course, or else I wouldn't have accepted your offer."

He shrugs and agrees with a head movement. We start walking back towards the campfire as I hear him answering me from behind me.

"True." He says.

author's note
helloooo:)
new chapter!! what do you think about this interaction?

i know everything is going very slow but dw!:)
the romance will soon be here!

don't forget to vote if you liked it<3

xo

𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 | neteyam x ocजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें