Ch. 17

Genesis thought about the kiss everyday since the beach. A week went by, and she was sure that she had feelings for Zach. She understood it all, but now she was leaving. Her suitcase was packed, and she was getting her backpack ready to leave. Alyssa knocked on the door and Genesis let her in. "Hey sweetie, are you packed?" She asked when she walked in.

"My suitcase, yeah. I'm doing my backpack now." Genesis replied.

"Do you mind if I take it downstairs?"

"No, you can take it."

"Okay sweetie." Be ready soon."

"I know."

While Genesis finished packing her backpack, she heard a knock at her door. "Come in!" She called out. She looked to the door and saw Zach step through. "Zach!" She exclaimed and ran up to him with a hug.

"I told you I'd come." He said and smiled, hugging her back. Then they let go and she stepped back with a grin. "I made you something." He spoke and held up a bracelet. It was comprised of small white disks.

"What are they?" Genesis asked, accepting the gift.

"They're puka shells." He explained.

"Really? I thought they looked different." She asked. She was used to seeing them look more like shells. The girls at school wore them all the time.

"That's because these ones are natural." He explained. Then he picked up her hand and placed the bracelet on her wrist. It was pretty good fit for someone who didn't have her wrist measurements. "So that you can remember me when you go to Wyoming."

"You make it sound like I'm never coming back." She spoke.

"If a few weeks without you feels like an eternity, I can't imagine what the rest of the summer without you will feel like." He said truthfully. She blushed at his response. She felt him reach for her waist and pulled her close. Her hands rested on his shoulders. They both leaned in and kissed, slightly pulling each other in. When she felt him start to pull away, she pulled him back in.

When they finally did pull away, they were both red with blush. "This is a really good way of saying goodbye." She spoke up and he chuckled.

"Genesis," He spoke, "will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"I thought you'd never ask." She said happily and pulled him in for another kiss.

"Wait, so, is that a yes?" He asked.

"Yes. Of course, it's a yes." She chuckled.

~

Leaving felt harder for Genesis because now she was leaving her boyfriend. It was hard for Zach too, to feel like he didn't choose the right time to ask. But nonetheless, both were very happy that they were finally together.