xv. the gates mansion

chapter fifteen!•••

chapter fifteen!
•••

IT HAD BEEN WEDNESDAY'S turn to be threatened and scolded by Weems, who had been informed of the girls' antics. To Kamden's surprise and appreciation, Wednesday had told the headmistress that Kamden had nothing to do with any of it, and to leave her out of the scolding.

Weems had instructed Wednesday not to leave the campus until further notice. But of course, she was quick to break the rules - and quick to invite Kamden along.

"You said you got us a ride for this little excursion?" Kamden reminded Wednesday of her earlier words. "Well, I'm glad because I am tired of walking everywhere, I swear, my entire foot is going to turn into one big blister."

Wednesday didn't respond, which was odd enough to make Kamden's playful attitude falter, but not too odd to make her question anything. The two of them approached the red sedan that sat just outside the gates to the school, under the guise of darkness.

Wednesday went around to the passenger side of the vehicle, climbing inside without so much as a word to Kamden. The read haired teen furrowed her brow, many questions filling her mind as she opened the door to the backseat.

She slid inside, coming face to face with an equally confused Tyler behind the wheel. Kamden froze, her face screwing up in disgust, "Wednesday, what is he doing here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Tyler grew more confused, his gaze darting back to Wednesday, seeking answers. "I thought we were on a date."

"A date?" Kamden nearly choked. Anger filled her first, with a fury, but the burning was replaced with a sadness, and she couldn't help herself from slumping down in her seat.

"There's been a change of plans." Wednesday said.

"You lied to me." Kamden snapped.

"Both of us." Tyler corrected her.

"Just drive." Wednesday said, her voice dry.

Without another word, Tyler turned the keys in the ignition and the car slowly rolled down the road, away from the school.

It didn't take too long to arrive at the Gates mansion, but the drive over was a painful one. The tension in the air was so thick it was choking all of the passengers, not to mention the fact that Kamden was trying not to cry the whole time, feeling very caught off guard by Tyler's appearance.

The team of unlikely teens approached the decaying gate, their flashlights lighting up the rusted metal.

"Okay, this is not what I signed up for." Tyler spoke warily, concern sewn into his face as he took in his surroundings.

CRUCIFIX, wednesday addamsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara