xi. woe what a night

chapter eleven!•••

chapter eleven!
•••

"KAM, I AM LITERALLY GOING TO MURDER YOU."

"Sahana, I am not going to that dumb dance." Kamden laughed at her passionate roommate. "Plus, you wouldn't dare lay a finger on me."

"I'm Fang." She pointed out. "I could kill you."

"And I'm a fire witch." Kamden reminded her. "I could kill you."

"That's why we get along." Sahana beamed, as if the fact that the two were each other's weakness was a good thing. "Because if we don't, we'll both end up dead."

Kamden only hummed as a reply, going to pull her headphones over her ears and flop down into her bed but Sahana grabbed her arms and stopped her. "Why have you been moping around so much? Is something going on?"

For just a moment, Kamden had the urge to confess all her problems to her compassionate roomie, but she bit her tongue.

"Nothing's wrong, I just hate dances." She lied, flipped over to her side, facing the wall instead of Sahana. But the eager brunette jumped onto the bed, tackling Kamden and pulling on her arm until she flipped over again.

"Come on, just go with me." She pleaded. "Landon isn't going, so I need a date."

"I don't have a dress." Kamden moved on to her next excuse.

"I knew that you wouldn't go dress shopping, since you're a girl who hates fun." Sahana moved across the room, opening the closet doors as she spoke. "So, I got you someting."

"Sahana," Kamden sat bolt upright, giving her roommate a testing look. "You didn't."

"I did!" She exclaimed, removing a hanger from the closet rack, revealing a beautiful, floor length, silver down. The material was lined with rhinestones arranged in a intricate design, and the skirt had a large slit going up the thigh.

"Oh my God." Kamden slipped out of bed, approaching the dress. "It's gorgeous."

She reached out to touch it, her finger trembling delicately as if she were afraid she might rip the material with a mere touch. Right as her fingertips were about to brush against the material, Sahana yanked it back, just out of reach.

"Only if you promise to go with me." She gave Kamden puppy dog eyes, her bottom lip jutting out in a childish pout.

"Fine." Kamden groaned. "I'll go. Now give me that damn dress."