Chapter 7

"Blue!" Dream exclaimed snapping his head to his friends direction to level him with a warning glare.

"I'm sorry Dream, I just couldn't take it anymore." Blue explained guiltily.

Ink, after hearing the news on his longer appendage quickly tried to see it, but when he turned his head in hopes of finding it, he didn't find what Blue had said. Ink was confused, and thought that maybe his friends were pulling a prank on him, he ended his search of his supposed longer tail bone and looked to his friends again.

"Very funny guys, you got me good, but my tail bone isn't longer." Ink said feeling a weight lift off his shoulders.

"What are you talking about Ink? You really do have a really long tail bone, did you not check?" Dream asked bringing his glaring at Blue to an end.

"Yep, you ready got me, you actually had me scared for a minute." Ink said insistently, with a role of his eyelights because Dream was still playing his little prank on him.

"Right shorts pant leg." Blue instructed bluntly.

Ink followed Blues instructions and was flabbergasted to see a long boney 'tail' running through his shorts pant leg and to the floor. He gasped and jumped in his seat sending him and his chair toppling backwards and onto the floor.

"Oh my goodness, Ink are you okay?" Dream and Blue said at the same time, standing from their seats to rush over to him.

"Yeah, just bumped my skull is all." He said with a groan.

"I'll get the spare ice pack." Dream said before running off to the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine Dream-" Ink started before giving up on stopping him since he was out of ear shot. He groaned as he moved so he wasn't awkwardly siting on the now fallen chair, with his head pounding.

"Let me see your skull Ink." Blue said worried. Ink huffed a sigh before doing as Blue had asked. "Does it hurt?"

"Well, yeah, I just fell backwards while in my chair Blue." Ink deadpanned, unimpressed. 

"Sorry Ink." Blue answered back with an small embarrassed chuckle.

"It's fine Blue. I'm sorry, my head is just pounding." Ink said moving his head away from Blue since he was done checking him over. "So, how's my skull doc?" Ink said with a small grin.

"Well, you don't have any cracks on your skull. I didn't think there would be, but with what's been happening with you lately..." Blue said leaving his sentence unfinished, and with it ridding the room of its pleasant atmosphere. 

"What could have caused this Blue?" Ink said looking to his right shorts pant leg were his long tail bone was.

"I have no idea." Blue somberly replied. After about 5 minutes of sitting on the floor pondering to themselves about Ink's situation Dream appeared in the doorway, saving the two from their unpleasant thoughts.

"Here." Dream said handing the ice pack to Ink for him to put on his pounding skull. Both Ink and Blue stood from where they were sitting on the floor and headed to the kitchen.

"How about we have a sleep over? We can talk about, Inks... problem tomorrow, we've all had a long day, I think we deserve to relax and just hangout." Dream suggested, Ink and Blue agreed with a nod.

"I already called Papyrus earlier and he was okay with it, so I'm down! What do you all want to eat? I'll cook today." Blue said cheerily.

"What? No, you cooked last time Blue. How about we all make something together?" Ink suggested.

"That's... surprisingly a good idea Ink." Dream said dumbfounded, Ink was always reckless, so him having a non chaotic idea was quite rare, almost nonexistent in fact. Granted, in many situations his quick thinking and chaotic nature did get them out of some life threatening situations. Other than those moments, Ink usually had to be stopped by his dear friends before he did something hazardous.  

"Wow Dream I didn't know you had such little faith in me." Ink said with a knowing smirk, knowing fully well why Dream was so star struck.

"Oh stop your bickering and lets decide what to make." Blue said impatiently.