Chapter 3

Dream and Ink moved to the living room to enjoy their coffees with Blue, who'd arrived for a visit a few hours later, and were all talking while enjoying their respective drinks. "So, you and Dust still meeting up Blue?" Ink asked trying to change the subject of conversation away from his achy self. 

"As good as it can be I suppose, I just wish he wasn't so silent he only speaks when spoken to, and to add insult to injury, it's not often he even replies verbally most of the time he just shrugs, nod's or shakes his head." Blue sighed, disappointed.

"Don't worry Blue I'm sure your Dusty will be more expressive one of these days." Dream mocked, smirking as Blue buried his head into his bandanna and slumped slightly in embarrassment in the recliner he was in.

"Dusty huh?" Ink said sharing the same smirk.

"Shut up!" Blue squealed from inside his bandanna. "How did you know?" Blue yelled still embarrassed.

"You talk loudly on the phone." Dream said simply. "You also both have cute nicknames for each other." Dream commented now with an evil knowing grin.

"Oh really Dreamy? You can't talk when Cross and you have so many nicknames!" Blue fired back uncovering his head. Ink busted out laughing at his friend's flustered and annoyed faces, muttering an occasional pained sound.

"Ink, stop, your hurting yourself." Dream said sternly looking at Ink with worried filled eyelights.

"I know, it's just your faces were priceless." Ink said laughing in-between words, while giving an occasional pained groan.

"You are one to talk. Anytime Error is mentioned, you go off into lala land." Blue said with a chuckle. "Makes me wonder just what you're thinking about Ink." Blue paused his gaze hardening, in a mock glare. "You dirty minded sinner." Blue grinned his face scrunching up in an evil smirk.

"Oh goodness, Blue you might be right his face does get colorful." Dream said with a laugh.

"What? No! That's not what I think about! Get your minds out of the gutter!" Ink examined his face covering in a colorful blush.

"Then what do you think about Ink?" Blue said with a sadistic smirk. Ink faltered trying to think of a good response that wouldn't revival his mixed emotions for the back boned skeleton; he didn't know what he felt for the other, emotions were always complicated, so he tried to avoid complicated emotions altogether. So he, instead of responding, and for lack of an answer, threw a pillow at the blue clothed skeleton to his right.

Blue went rigid in surprise at the sudden impact of the plush pillow, then turning he head slowly, his eyelights glinting in a mock anger, "This is war." he replied in a hiss. He grabbed all the pillows near him and began chucking them at Ink, while Ink groaned at the discomfort the impacts the pillows had on his achy body. Dream, noticing Ink's groans grabbed a pillow and threw it at Blue in hopes of gaining his attention.

"Blue! He's hurt! Stop throwing pillows at him!" Dream shouted. Blue stopped, then noticed his friend in a fetal position on the couch, then seemingly remembering about Ink's current condition, dropped the pillows in his hands and ran to Ink fretting about his friend.

"I'm so sorry Ink I forgot!" Blue said sincerely with his words seeping with regret. Dream knelt down next to Blue who was already knelt beside the couch.

"It's okay Blue it just slipped your mind." Ink said with a slight groan.

"Want me to get you some ice Ink?" Dream said worriedly.

"Yes please Dream, that would help a lot." Ink said with a small forced smile. His forced smile quickly turned to a pained frown as he suddenly felt a sharp pain run through his body.