Prologue

Diane's POV:

It's a beautiful and pleasant Friday morning, well, not to me. I have to hurry up and not be late for my second week of work at Mr. Danver's restaurant. I just made a good start and I'm not planning to make a slight mess on my record that can greatly ruin it. Mr. Danver seems like a good man but when it comes to time, he's quite strict.

As soon as I arrived at Mr. Danver's restaurant, I put my bag aside and grab hold of a pen and a small pad of paper where I can write down the customer's orders. While I'm standing near the counter, I feel someone's presence behind me.

"Hey." she started.

It sounded like Kathy, also a waitress here at Mr. Danver's restaurant. I turned to face her and greeted back with a gentle smile. "Oh, hey. Good morning Kathy."

"Same to you, Diane. Umm, can you take the order of that new customer over there?" She pointed at the customer sitting at the left end corner of the restaurant.

"I'm currently busy with the other customers' orders and Michelle is not here yet." She sighed as she rolled her eyes at the door, as if Michelle would suddenly enter.

"Oh, I guess she's late again. Mr. Danver wouldn't be so pleased." I frowned.

"You said so. She'll get fired this time for sure. Well, it can't be helped. Now, go there please." She raised both of her eyebrows and beamed at the customer she pointed to me a while ago.

"I almost forgot. Sorry." I shook my head and rushed towards the customer seated at the left end corner.

When I finally reached the customer's table, I put the small pad of paper on my palm and prepared my pen.

"Good morning sir, may I take your order?" I politely asked but I didn't hear anything from him. Maybe he didn't notice a waitress is already standing in front of him asking what his order is. I cleared my throat to notify him about my presence.

Two minutes later, he finally looked at me.

"What took you so long?" the customer asked with an irritated expression on his face. I twitched.

Umm, excuse me? It didn't really take me that long. I just rushed here to get your order. I've been standing and asking for your order but you were rather busy dozing off! I quietly said to myself while deep down, I'm screaming internally.

First annoying short-tempered customer I've ever encountered. He's attitude is pissing me off. Ugh... what a fine way to ruin my day.

I replied sarcastically, forcing a smile. "I'm truly sorry that I kind of made you wait, sir. May I take your order, please?"

As the customer say his orders, my hazel eyes begin to analyze him. Starting from his toes, his knees, then to his torso. He's so intimidating with his good physique. I'm not so sure about it since he's in a sitting position. Maybe if he stood up, I'll be surprised. Ugh, what's wrong with me? Not right now. Not at a time like this! I'm working!

"That's all." His voice made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Err, w-wha?" I exclaimed with my mouth left open a little in shock.

"Are you stupid or are you deaf?" He bluntly asked as he stared at my face.

I can't utter a single word when I stared back at him. He immediately towered over me, making me feel cold, small and weak but that gave me a chance to have a better look at his physique. I was right after all. I'm surprised! I'm impressed! ...and now, I'm nervous. I feel like a 5-year old girl who's about to pee herself. I'm so scared. If he'll yell at me now, we'd surely cause an embarrassing scene and surely, I'm gonna get fired!