Chapter 15

A/N IM BACKKKKK

DID YOU MISS ME?

Third Person 

Its as if the show they just performed had brought them both closer together. As if all of their past was now out in the open, for everyone to see.

They stood there, on the stage, hours after everyone had left.

Walking around it, staring at anything but each other.

They couldn't look at each other. Not now.

There were too many emotions going around, too many answers left unsaid, too many questions left unanswered, too many of everything.

So, they were just enjoying each other's presence. They didn't want to look down from the high they were on. They didn't want to escape this moment of pure excitement mixed with relaxation.

They just wanted to be there, in each other's presence.

"I liked that song you played, Jules. What was it about?" Luke finally speaks out, breaking their silence.

"Wake up Luke! I wrote that about you. About us. About everything I was feeling. I was calling out to you in that. I was stuck in my head."

"I don't like to assume things. It's never worked out for me in the past. You know that. And with you, I never had to assume thing. I never had to pretend to assume I knew what happening with you, or what you were doing. Because I always knew. I always did. My life is really low, and that's because I'm without you." He was making sense to her now, and she was making sense to him now. They finally understood one another.

Julie sighed, "Luke, I- I don't know what to say to you right now." She spoke quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear her, but he did.

When it came to her, he heard everything, he saw everything she couldn't...

He crossed the stage to go and stand in front of her, getting her to stop in her tracks and look up at him.

She saw him. He saw her.

"Jules. Why can't you see yourself the way I see you? Why cant you see how amazing you are to me and everyone around you? You're brilliant, an amazing singer and songwriter. Do you know how hard that is to do." He sighs. "You- you are the greatest songwriter of our generation. And if you cant see that, then why don't you let me prove it to you?"

"Prove it to me. Prove to me you know how I am, and I don't know who I am, Luke."

"Come with me."

He holds out his hand in front of her, and she takes it instantly.

He leads her off of the stage, and guides her to a seat in the second row. She takes a seat, and he disappears into the side of the stage, and remerges back on the stage, with a guitar and stool in hand.

"listen to these lyrics, Julie. Listen to what you wrote."

And he begins singing. Every song she's shown him, every single song shes written. The transitions between them were so smooth, she didn't even realise it had happened, until he played the next song.

He goes from Stand Tall, to Edge of Great, then to her most proudest one yet.

People Think (A/N this was one of the first songs I ever wrote.)

"Chasing after you is hopeless

Running from you is a miracle

But now ive got no one to help me