Twenty-Two

~Ravyn's POV~

"I don't know" I take a deep breath, it has been a couple months since the newborn attack and I'm down in California with my mates inside the elevator taking us to where Lyanna is—my mates are each wearing a daylight ring to make them appear normal. I contacted the woman who adopted Lyanna, she and I are meeting at her workplace since Lyanna and her older brother Henry are having a check up today. Also I want to have a public space in case if I pass out. This Addison, she knows my mates are coming in with me—she was surprised to hear how I have four partners. So yeah.

When the door opens, I walk out and go to the front desk "hello" the receptionist smiles "can I help you with something?"

"Hi" nodding my head "my names Ravyn, I'm here to see Dr. Addison Montgomery"

"Ravyn" looking over I see Addison here smiling "hi, I'm so glad to see you. How have you been?"

"Good" nodding my head "Dr. Mont"

"Addison" she cuts me off "call me Addison"

Nodding my head "Addison these are my husbands and wife; Cassian, Demetri, Felix and Madeline. Guys this is Dr. Addison Montgomery, Lyanna's mother" they shake hands.

"Lyanna is this way" she points to a conference room and I see a little girl with my hair and beautiful icy blue eyes sitting with a man who I'm guessing is her father, she has the stuffed pink bat with strawberry patterns I got her years ago.

"I don't know" taking a step back, they look at me "what if she doesn't like me?"

"Baby" Madeline takes my face in her hands "it'll be alright, we are right here"

"She's right, mi amor" Demetri kisses the side of my head "you aren't alone. If you want to go in by yourself we understand, but if you want us to come with we will"

I think about it "Could you...could you come with?"

"Of course" Felix nods his head, looking over "would that be alright?"

"Of course" Addison nods her head "Jake and I will be right there too, if anything becomes too much" I nod my head and I walk forward, my heels click on the floor. I was worried about what to wear, I don't want to seem slutty or anything but I didn't want to be overly conservative so it took two days to find the right outfit. So now I'm wearing a blue romper with black heels.

When we enter the room, the man and the little girl look up at me

When we enter the room, the man and the little girl look up at me. "Jake meet Ravyn and her partners Cassian, Demetri, Felix and Madeline. Ravyn, guys this is Jake my husband" we shake hands.

"Hi" he smiles to us "Ravyn" he gestured to the little girl who stares at me "meet Lyanna. Lya, this is Ravyn"

"Hello" she smiles waving her hand "your all really pretty, aren't they pretty mommy? Daddy?"

"They are" Addison nods her head "please sit" we sit down, me next to Lyanna. Felix puts his hand on my back and rubs it giving me an encouraging nod.

Looking at Lyanna "who's this?" I ask pointing to her bat.

"Strawberry" she smiles, tilting her head she asks me "are you my birth mommy?" I freeze when she asks me that

"Ravyn?" Someone shakes my shoulder and it being too much, everything becomes dark and I hear screams.

~Addison's POV~

"She's alright" I assure the four overprotective partners to my daughter's birth mother. We are in one of the birthing suites since Ravyn being in a bed might be helpful for when she wakes up and not in a hospital "just everything—the anxiety, worry, pregnancy"

"I'm sorry what?" Felix asks me "what pregnancy?"

"Oh" blushing "when we took her blood, we ran the regular tests and she tested positive for pregnancy. Congratulations" but the four just stare at me before sharing a look and looking at Ravyn. Is this good news?

"Sorry" Demetri tells me "we're happy, it's just that we are worried that with both the anxiety and worry—we just want to make sure their both okay"

"Could you see if the baby is alright?" Madeline asks

"Of course" nodding my head "I'll do it when Ravyn comes to, you can wait in here until she wakes up. Just fetch me when she wakes up" I leave, for some reason as I leave I can finally breathe. I go into the kitchen to where everyone is.

My friends and husband look my way when I enter "how is she?" Naomi I asked me

"Sleeping, she's alright" they sigh relieved "maybe I should have" looking at Jake "warned Ravyn, about Lya knowing about her birth mother's name and that she gave her Strawberry"

"No one could have predicted this would happen" Jake pulls me into his embrace "Lya and Henry are in the waiting area with the triplets playing" yes, Charlotte and Cooper's triplet daughters.

"Can I be the one to say" we look at Cooper "did you see her partners? All five of them are really beautiful, especially Ravyn. I mean"

"What?" Charlotte demands

"I mean...Lya will one day be a very beautiful young lady" he sips his drink

"I can't believe she has four partners" Amelia smiles "talk about the bedroom, I wonder what that is like? Did you see that big guy? I wonder how he doesn't crush her"

"Mommy?" We see Lya come in "did I do something wrong?" I look confused when I kneel down "that pretty lady is unconscious because of me"

"No sweetie" I hold her to me standing up "she was just overwhelmed by your question"

"Is she my birth mommy?"

"She is" Jake nods his head

Lyanna is silent before asking "Does she not like me? Why did she give me up? Did she not want me?" Same questions as before.

"Your birth mommy" we see that Demetri here "gave you up because she wasn't physically fit to take care of you and wanted someone more responsible to take care of you" looking at me "she's awake"

"Can I see her?" Lyanna asks, Demetri looks at me and I look at Jake.

"Jake, why don't you take Lyanna?" he nods his head as I go outside the room with Demetri.

"We're leaving" Demetri says, I frown

"Is this is about"

"Dr. Montgomery" Demetri cuts me off "Ravyn wasn't sure if she should see Lyanna, we encouraged her to meet Lyanna but after seeing what happened...it might be best if we leave"

"Lyanna! Wait!" We see Lyanna run into the room where Ravyn and her partners are at. Demetri and I run in to see Lyanna holding Ravyn's legs crying.

"Please don't leave!" Lyanna begs, Ravyn looks around nervous when Lyanna looks up at her "please don't leave me mommy!" Ravyn looks at me nervously.