I take a cautious sip and savour the taste. “It’s alright? I don’t see what the hype is about,” I admit.

               “Yeah. That kind of blows, doesn’t it? Have a couple more glasses and you’ll definitely see the hype,” he jokes, kissing the top of my head as the opening credits roll.

***

My eyes flutter open at the sunlight in my face. I squint and look around me in confusion. It’s so bright! Usually, when I wake up it isn’t this bright! Oh god! Did Emily forget to wake me up? No, the boys would have...

Wait!

This isn’t my room. My room is all cream and cafe-au-late, this room is a dull gray and extremely messy. I sit up in the bed, pulling the covers up. My clothes lie in a pile on the other end of the room.

Crap!

What did I get myself into?!

I tip toe across the room with the blanket wrapped securely around me. I pick up my clothes and quickly change into them.

I can’t remember what happened! The last thing I remember is snuggling up to Carter on the couch while we watched a movie. I vaguely remember him fixing me another drink or was that my imagination?

Oh no! I must have been drunk! And I must still be in Carter’s apartment! I was naked! In his bed. Oh crap! This is bad! Really bad! I totally slept with Carter! Haden will kill me! I’m so dead!

A little note stuck onto the mirror catches my eye and I walk over to it unsurely.

J,

Had to leave for work. Hope you had a good sleep. 20 bucks on the table for your cab fare

C

Oh my god! I feel like a total slut! What a shmuck! He left me cab fare?! What the hell?!

I glance at my watch and have a mini heart attack. It’s 9 o’clock! Break is in like an hour! The guys would notice if I’m not there.

Oh...

I didn’t go home last night!

I’m so dead!!

I begin hyperventilating and my head starts swimming. I end up sitting on the edge of the bed, head between my knees, taking long, deep breaths.

Once I’m calm, I ransack through Carter’s closet looking for the smallest shirt he has. I strip my shirt off and put his on. I look like one of the chicks who wears her boyfriends clothes. Oh wait! I am that chick now.

I grab a pair of sunnies on the table, take the 20 bucks and run down the stairs and out the exit. It’s a short walk, but it kind of feels like the walk of shame. I keep walking and I eventually hit the main road. I stick out my leg and sure enough, I’ve got two cabs stopped for me. Okay, I usually do not condone this kind of behaviour, but I need to be in school in 45 minutes!

***

I tear down the hallways and wait in the corridor for the bell to go off. And just like clockwork, five minutes later, the bell goes off and the hallway is crowded with people. I try to blend in with the crowd of people, still trying to come up with an excuse for the boys.

A hand grabs onto my shoulder, spinning me around.

               “You were at a sleepover at my place last night. We rode to school together this morning,” Amanda informs me.

I breathe out a sigh of relief. “Thank you so much!” I whisper.

               “Don’t sweat it. Haden called me last night wondering where you were. I told him your cell died and that you were spending the night with me. But what happened? Didn’t Mr Andrews offer to send you home?” she asks curiously.