During

"Mommy!" 10-year-old Cassie screamed in horror, seeing her mother get her heart ripped out of her chest. At the sound of her scream, the werewolves looked over at her and grinned, happy for another kill. 

Cassie shrieked in horror and dodged to the side to avoid the werewolf's lunge. Running back to the two-story house that belonged to her grandfather, Cassie bolted inside and slammed the door, Cassie ran into the kitchen and started rummaging through the knife drawer.

"Silver is always helpful in dangerous situations, Cassie. Please remember this when it is time to," Megan told Cassie 3 weeks prior. Cassie grabbed the silver dagger her mother showed her and held it, waiting for those disgusting creatures who killed her mother to bust down the door to get to her. A crash was heard in the living room and Cassie felt tears run down her face, in fear for what might happen to her, but in anger for what happened to her mother. 

"Well, well, well. It's a little girl. Makes for a good meal, don't you think James?" One werewolf started laughing. James, the other one, smirked and nodded, "Yes brother. You killed her mother, I want her." And with that James lunged only to scream in pain when Cassie drove the dagger into his neck. The other werewolf yelled in horror at how a 10-year-old girl could have known that silver would harm them, he grabbed his brother and looked up at her, only to see a silhouette of wings shadowing the kitchen walls and a loud screeching noise over the radio. The werewolf dragged James out of the house and into the woods, leaving the Malik house in fear, not knowing what he saw behind Cassie. 

Cassie started sobbing and collapsed down on the kitchen floor, telling herself that she would drag her mom's corpse into the house tomorrow and place her down on the couch to be more comfortable. Not knowing that someone in the shadows was watching her in sadness, knowing he couldn't help in the open but would help as much as he could in the shadows. This individual replaced the front door and left as quietly as possible, knowing that Cassie would be fine until Megan's friends came over the next day. Not knowing that said friends suffered the same fate Megan did.

-The Next Day-

Cassie sniffled and grunted while dragging her mother into the house to put her on the couch. Cassie didn't know what to do, her mother's friends haven't shown up like they usually do, nor had they picked up the phone. Cassie wasn't sure how to tell 911 what had happened because she was still wrapping her head around it. Once Cassie got her mother in the house and her body was placed neatly on the couch, Cassie kneeled on the floor and grabbed her mother's hands in hers.

"God, I know you're there. My mommy taught me to always pray to you when I needed answers. And I need your help now. Why did you let this happen?  You're supposed to protect us from evil. I wish I could keep praying to you, I know it's wrong not to, but you didn't keep your promise. I'm sorry," Cassie sobbed at the end of her pray, begging for an answer, but one never came. That day Cassie lost her faith in God, for who could let a little girl's mother die such a gruesome death and not give a reason. Little did she know, God had bigger plans for her, it wasn't the way it was meant to go, but it had to happen. Cassie sniffled and walked over to the kitchen to pick the dagger back up. "I'll just protect myself as mommy taught me," Cassie sighed and got cooking, not knowing what to do next. 

-Two Weeks Later-

Cassie's ears perked up when she heard a car drive up to the house. She peered out the window and frowned, she didn't recognize this vehicle. As a scruffy-looking man gets out of the car, two boys follow him. Cassie could only guess one was her age and the other was a few years younger. 

"Let's go you two, we got work to do and shit to figure out," The male said sternly and opened the front door. Cassie yelled in anger and swung the dagger at the male, surprising him. 

John Winchester wasn't expecting a 10-year-old girl to come launching out of the shadows and try and stab him. John grabbed her arm before she could graze him and looked at the dagger in disbelief, "You tried to stab me, kid." Cassie spit in his face, wiggling to get out of his grip, "Your kind killed my mommy! I won't let you do the same to me!" John's face dropped and glanced at the couch in the living room, paling at the sight of Megan Malik dead on the couch. 

Dean Winchester held his brother close, staring at Cassie with astonishment. How was a girl his age by herself and she had a silver dagger? Could she be just like him?

John Winchester grabbed the girl by the shoulders as Cassie shook with sobs, "Just kill me already, don't toy with my emotions." John could feel his heart break, he hadn't felt this way since Mary was murdered, "Who did this to your mother?" 

Cassie sniffled, "I don't know who did. Two men just walked up to my mother two weeks ago and ripped out her heart. They ran after me to do the same thing I guess, but my mommy told me that silver would save me." 

John was baffled, who was this girl's mother and how did she know? "What is your name sweetheart?" He asked softly. And for the first time in a while, Cassie looked up at John with fire in her eyes, "I am Cassandra Hope-Marie Malik, my mother was Megan Andrea Malik and I have no father."

John's eyes widened at the mention of her mother's name, "Megan? My wife used to be friends with your mommy before she died anyway. From what you described, your mother was killed by werewolves."

Cassie's nose scrunched up and Dean smiled at her, Dean felt that he needed to protect her, despite knowing her for 5 minutes and she tried to stab his father. Sam was confused as his father, no one was allowed to mention their mother because it hurt him too much. 

"Werewolves? They don't exist," Cassie said matter-of-factly. John chucked and patted her head, "You would be a surprised kid. You would be surprised." 

After getting to know everyone, John thought it was best to give Cassie's mother a proper funeral. "Your mother was a hunter, just like us," John told Cassie at dinner that night, "But since you have no one to look after you, you will stay with us and learn everything I teach you to protect yourself." Cassie smiled and nodded at John, only to catch Dean's eyes, blush, and look down at her lap. Dean did the same and Sam giggled at the interaction between the two. John Winchester smiled at the sight of Dean and Cassie getting along just fine, John laughed along with Sam, hoping that Dean and Cassie would eventually get married one day. 

-Two days later-

Cassie looked back at her childhood home and sighed sadly. This would be the last time she would step foot here for a while. Cassie readjusted the backpack on her shoulder and turned around to walk to John's car, a Chevy Impala that was made in 69'. "Let's go, Hope! You're family now kid!" John yelled out the window. Cassie smiled and ran to the back doors of the car and got in beside Sam. 

This is will be a wild ride and the world better be ready for Cassandra Malik. Because they're going to need it.