HES

"Hello?"
His Irish accent was always so thick when he was annoyed. When he first moved to England, most people ignored him, they couldn't understand him. His speech is fast, accent thick and when he's excited he becomes the Energizer bunny.
"Hey Niall." I rocked on my feet trying to force the words out.
"How's Spain?"
"We can save the small talk. I need to tell you something."
The streets were bustling and yet I felt the silence hanging in the air.
"I'm sorry I pushed you away and waited this long to call you. I'm more sorry that I spent my last days in England without you. You should never end a day angry and I let it carry on for too long. I love you."
"Right. I love you too buddy."
That was Niall's way of saying apology accepted and I couldn't stop the huge grin covering my face.
"Zayn almost died. Well I'm being dramatic but We were trying to get it on in the shower right and he fell! Butt ass naked nose to the ground and everything! Imagine me trying to dress him as the ambulance came! He's fine but you know me my dumb ass was crying begging him not to die. A broken nose!"
"Bebé vuelve al trabajo, los bollos están listos." Natalia called from the kitchen. Her voice always boomed.
"Oh are you seeing Spainish women? That's a turn. Not only cheat but with a woman?"
"What won't surprise you is she's an older woman."
"I'd say I'm impressed. But trabajo is work. So go back to work and text me tonight, yeah?"
"Yeah Ni. Thank you."
I quickly hung up and walked back into my happy place.

Louis always thought I wouldn't notice things. I knew he didn't think I was dumb but he always seemed to have something he wasn't telling me. We shared location, he is never unfaithful and he always tells me where he's at and what's going on. Tonight was no different, he had to go to a party and even if I hadn't been at work, Louis told me I wouldn't want to be there anyways.
Wanna run a 5k with me?
I stared down at my phone trying to think of what to say to that. I knew Louis was probably wasted. But this was the tenth text within an hour which is unlike him. No matter if I answered what ever nonsense he sent me, his responses never correlated.
No way
I knew the short answers would come across as bitchy, but my responses didn't matter.
I put my phone down knowing he was not going to answer for a while, but my stomach was in knots. Why was he acting so weird?
Although I didn't like Liam I shot him a text, just to get an outside Louis update. Just to calm my nerves.
I wasn't invited to this one.
Now I know what you're thinking. Harry, Louis is a grown man why does it matter if he's alone?
Well for one, Louis didn't speak Spanish. Let's say he hopped in the cab, especially drunk, he would just say "Bring me home-o." and then laugh that he said homo. Also for two, Louis didn't seem to want friends out here. He'd always argue that this is his job not a vacation. The third reason I'm worried is that Louis loses control of his anger when he drinks so I just constantly think he's going to mouth off and lose this opportunity.
One wrong move they delete his photos and chose a new model and he not only doesn't receive any money, he is then invoiced for this whole trip. It's as clear as day in his contract.
Space is pretty damn big huh. imagine Jeff Bezos asked me to go with him.
It was midnight so I knew he'd be wrapping it up soon so I just decided to put my phone down and try to get some sleep. Although I didn't have work tomorrow, I still felt myself getting tired around 8pm. So this was late for me.
I could barely relax the swirling worries in my head, my body was resting but my brain would not turn off.
Soon my thoughts were interrupted by the front door opening. I picked up my phone to see it was 3am. He's coming home now?
I listen to Louis laugh and try to be quiet as he walked towards the bedroom.
I wasted no time turning the lights on so I could see the state of him.
When the lights turned on I saw him avert his eyes, his movements dramatic.
"A little bit of warning next time yeah?"
Once he removed his hands from his eyes, I expected his pupils to shrink.
They did not.
"Louis no way."
"No way what? You look handsome by the way. Beautiful too! Cannot believe I get to bang you every day. You're so good in bed I can't believe I'm your only. But you're like a pure fruit that's so juicy. Like a strawberry. Or a watermelon."
"How was the party?" I bit my lip trying to not jump to conclusions. Maybe he's cocktail drunk instead of beer drunk this time.
"Good, great, amazing. I am soooo crashing though." He made plane noises and a movement with his hand to resemble crashing.
He was high. What on though?
"Drinks were good?"
"Drinks are always good Haz. You thirsty? I can grab a drink for you. I'd go to the store but everywhere is closed. It is super late yeah? I should probably get in bed. Can I get into bed my prince."
I nodded slowly trying not to show my annoyance. I knew now wasn't the best time to talk about what was going on. He could barely focus on one thing, his eyes constantly darting all around the room.
Louis climbed into bed, talking about nonsense. I nodded and hummed along as I tried not to think about the talk we'd have tomorrow.
I also tried to remind myself that maybe Louis was just having fun and I shouldn't worry.
But I know when something is wrong.