"I have practice, why?" I asked him. He scratched the back of his head and then chuckled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me. Maybe to the bowling alley or something" He said to me.

"What time?" I asked feeling my face heat up.

"9:30?" He asked stepping closer to me.

I nodded, "it's a date." I said biting my lip.

Alex leaned down and kissed my cheek. He backed up, waving to me as he left.

I broke out of my trance and walked to class. I felt weird saying yes to Alex. He was a nice guy, sometimes an ass but you have to get to know him.

I sighed deciding to think about what I would tell my dad.

A Few Hours Later

School was finally over and cheer practice ran smoothly. I don't have to hear smart remarks from Olivia.

Alex had offered to drive me home, and I couldn't say no. When we pulled into my driveway, I grabbed my things.

"I could pick you up tomorrow." He suggested.

"Let's just get past this date, I like you but we don't need to spend so much time around each other," I said smiling awkwardly. I got out of his car, I waved at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said walking away.

"Dad, I'm home!" I yelled once I opened the front door. I didn't get a response.

I closed the front door, taking my shoes off. I walked to the kitchen first, and to my surprise, my dad was there.

"Who dropped you off?" My dad asked passing me a salad.

I cringed at the plate, I didn't want a salad.

"Can't I have something else? I've been watching my diet." I said walking to the fridge.

"You eat what I feed you. Now sit." He demanded.

I closed the fridge, turning around. He motioned to the salad again.

"Now, who dropped you off? Cause I've never seen that black car before." My dad asked again.

"It was just Alex, he wanted to drop me off. He also asked me out Friday night. Why does this even matter?" I asked getting annoyed.

He wasn't this nosy when Kal or Eva dropped me off.

"Hm, I hope this doesn't interfere with what you've been doing." He muttered grabbing his coffee mug and laptop.

I sighed sadly poking at the leaves on my plate.

There was a buzz at the front door, I checked my phone, It was 7.

"I guess I'll get it," I muttered walking to the hall. My dad must've shut himself in his room.

I opened the door, looking at Henry and the little girl holding a stuffed giraffe.

"I decided to come a little earlier, I don't need to work until later." He explained pushing the girl inside.

I moved to the side allowing them both in.

"We can go to the kitchen," I said leading him back to the kitchen.

I looked at the little girl, her white shoes were muddy and her pajamas were dirty. I looked at Henry who pulled out the packet of papers.

I watched Henry and the girl sit down.

"Would you guys like something to drink? Hot chocolate? It'll warm you up after being in the cold." I suggested walking to the cabinet.

I looked at them, Henry more focused on the work. The little girl nodded her head profusely. I decided to make hot chocolate, maybe it would lighten the mood.

I walked back over to Henry, his hands shaking a bit.

"You would think you're writing lies the way your hands shake." I laughed pulling the pencil from his hand.

"Force of habit, it's always been like that." He chuckled holding his hand out.

"You didn't kidnap her, did you?" I asked quietly as looking at the girl.

"Uh, no. She's my little sister. Sabrina." He said grabbing the pencil from my hand.

I sighed, walking back to the boiling pot. I fixed three cups of hot chocolate. I gave the first one to Sabrina. She happily accepted, and I placed the cup down for her.

"I don't like chocolate," Henry muttered. I sat the cups down, sitting beside him.

I grabbed a paper looking over it, the graphs confusing me. I placed it back down and heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. My dad appeared at the kitchen door and he looked at me then at Henry and Sabrina.

"Studying?" Dad asked stepping closer to the table.

"Math project," I said quietly, I didn't tell him I was having company.

Dad didn't exactly give me time to anyway.

"I'm Henry Jordan." Henry held his hand out and my dad shook it.

"Wonderful to meet you, Derek." My dad introduced himself.

"You must've been here yesterday, I heard a lot of math talk. I knew it couldn't be Maddison." My dad laughed.

"Yeah, just explaining some algebraic theories," Henry explained, my dad just listened.

My dad nodded, looking at Sabrina.

"She shouldn't be in here, bored to death. She should watch television with me." My dad suggested.

"I- um.." Henry hesitated to look between Sabrina and my dad.

"It's fine, just until you get ready to go." My dad said picking up the little girl, they headed to the living room.

I looked At Henry, who was more focused on the empty door.

"She's safe, I promise," I assured him.

Henry nodded going back to the work.

—————

Thoughts?

Opinions?

Questions?

Byee