NO NO ITS NOT LIKE THAT

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

I laugh at Enid's excitement. It was only a matter of time before one of them asked the other out.

"Who was that?" Xavier asks, seeing me grinning at my phone.

"Oh just Enid. Shes going on a date with Ajax tonight.." I say, still smiling.

"Finally." He says, laughing.

"Hey listen. I know we didn't really get the chance to talk that much last night, but would you maybe want to-"

Xavier is interrupted by Tyler, who just finished his shift.

"Hey man could you stick to cleaning the tables? Or I could clean them and you could work the counter? I don't mean to be a stickler but I really can't have anyone not working right now." Tyler says lightly, trying not to hit a nerve with Xavier.

"Yeah sure, I'll get back to work." Xavier says snappily.

I only met Xavier last spring, after I transferred to Nevermore, so I dont really know why Xavier hates Tyler so much.

Xavier wipes down the table of a couple that just left the cafe, making funny faces at Tyler.

While making another coffee, I hear the bell on the door chime.

"Hi Principal Weems!" I say happily.

"Hello Inez. Would you make me a latte?" She says, sitting down in a booth.

"Of course."

I quickly made her drink, handed it to her, and returned to work.

When I turn back, I see Principal Weems chatting with the mayor.

Tyler hands my teacher, Miss Thornhill a donut, before she leaves the counter to talk to our principal and the mayor.

At the moment, I had already completed all of the orders, so I just stood there wiping off the counter.

I didn't mean to, but I began to eavesdrop on the three. Its not like they were talking about anything secretive, just the normal things.

I also heard Miss Thornhill say she drinks matcha lattes every day in the back booth.

I'm not surprised, she looks like a matcha latte girl.

Time goes by pretty fast, mostly because I was partially blanking out for half of the time.

When I look up from my routine work, I see Wednesday.

"Hey Day! What's up?? How was Pilgrim World?" I ask jumpily.

"Remind me to keep you away from caffeine." She says dryly.

"I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim world." Xavier says, standing inches behind me.

"I deserted it while my sanity was still intact." Wednesday says.

"Want a quad? I can make it really quick??" I ask.

"Im actually here for Tyler. Could you go get him Inez?" Wednesday asks.

"Of course." I smile.

"Can you come out here? Wednesday wants you for some reason." I ask Tyler while he restocks the coffee in the back.

"Yes Wednesday?" He says while we emerge from the back.

Xavier rolls his eyes as he goes back to work.

Wednesday pulls out a map of Jericho, and quickly asks Tyler to point out where the meeting house would be.

"Go change. We are leaving." Wednesday whispers to me as Tyler continues talking about the meeting house.