Chapter 18: Southern Constellations

Carissa POV~

I took a deep breath and walked into the doctors office with Vic. I didn't want to be here. I want to stay home and sleep. I wanted to play soccer with Jaime, Tony, and Mike. I wanted to go to the beach. I wanted to make memories, not go to some stupid doctor to tell me what I already know. Vic signed us in. I sat next to a girl my age. "Hi I'm Carissa." I smiled. Might as well make friends. "I'm Meadow." She smiled back. "Is that your baby's dad?" She pointed to Vic. I nodded. "Mine bailed. Lucky you." She looked down. "We aren't even dating. We are well, best friends." I told her. "Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked me. "Yeah, I do." I nodded. "So did you cheat?" She gasped. "Oh no, we started dating two weeks after Vic and I had sex." I said. "Oh." She said. "Yeah. Vic and I were drunk and, you know." I shrugged. "Same with my ex boyfriend and me." Meadow's name was called by one of the nurses. "Hey let me get your number. Maybe we could hang." She smiled. "Okay." I scribbled down my number and gave it to her.

The nurse called my name. Vic and I stood up and walked into the office. "Hello Miss Quinn." The doctor smiled. Her name tag read Applegate... Applegate... "You were my doctor before." I pointed out. "Ah yes. You had Anorexia a few years ago." She said. "Yeah." I laughed dryly. "I see you're pregnant now." She said as I sat on the chair. "Well, we are pretty sure." I smiled. I pulled my shirt up to my bra line. She rubbed the jelly onto my stomach. "Well I'm glad to see you got better." She said as she rolled her machine onto my stomach. "Yep, you are pregnant." She said. "It looks to be about a month old." She smiled. "So I really am going to be a dad." Vic's face lit up. "And I'm going to be a mom." He squeezed my hand. "So you two actually did end up together." Doctor Applegate chuckled. "Well..." Vic laughed. "It's complicated." I finished for him.

After a long day being at the doctors office and visiting Vic's parents to tell them the news, we headed home. It was already dark outside. Vic's hand was on my knee. It was almost like we were a couple... Vic stopped the car in a place I have never seen. "Where are we Vic?" I asked him and yawned. "I wanted to show you this place. Get out." He said as he jumped out of the car. I opened the car door and stepped out. We were at the beach. "What are we doing here?" I asked him. "Just follow me." He grabbed my hand. We walked over to a beach hut. It had no door and was abandoned. We ended up inside of the beach hut. There was an acoustic guitar in the far corner. In the middle of the hut was two old chairs and a table. It looked like this place hasn't been visited in years. "I use to come here as a teen." Vic looked around the hut. He turned around to look at me. "You know, I could play you a song on the guitar. It is the first one I ever owned." Vic said as he turned back around. He grabbed the guitar and pushed the table out of the way. Before playing, he looked at me. "Do you want my shirt? I have one under. You look cold." He offered. I actually was cold. "I'm fine." I smiled. He started to play a song that I love.

Please keep chasing me,

your southern constellations got me so dizzy.

It's cold but you pretend that you are warm

with me.

Before I get you home you're nearly frozen,

but I'll never let you freeze without me.

Oh, no.

Freeze!

It's time to take you home,

it feels so early but I promised I would bring

you to your door.

Now our lips are numb!

As we walk, sharing warm alcohol

That kiss tastes like summer.

I hope you like the stars I stole for you,