Chapter 3: Identity Disorder

Carissa POV~

When I walked through the front door of my house I could hear voices. "I don't think this is the best option Kellin." Katelynne said. "Well I'm not going to take her to therapy! That will destroy her!" Kellin said back. Great, they were arguing about me. "I'm here!" I yelled. They immediately stopped talking. I walked into the kitchen, which was where they were at. "Hey sweet girl." Katelynne smiled. "Hey Katelynne." I returned the smile. "Hey Carissa." Kellin said. "Hey Kellin." I said. I took a seat at the bar. "Why don't you call me Dad anymore?" He asked. "Why don't you call me Kitty?" I shot back. He just looked down and walked away. "He hates me." I said quietly. "No sweet girl don't ever think that." Katelynne rubbed my back. I love how she calls me sweet girl. I forgot how the nickname came about. "But he just-" I was cut off by my own tears. "Shh. Calm down. You two need to talk." She said.

I eventually dried up my tears. I was sitting on the living room love seat, hugging a pillow. Katelynne was getting Kellin so we could "talk." I have came to the conclusion that Kellin is a hypocrite. He always gives long speeches at concerts before A Trophy Father's Trophy Son about how you should see how your child turns out. How you should raise your child. Well, I can't blame him for not knowing I exist three years ago. I can blame him though, for not being here for me. Kellin walked into the living room. He sat next to me on the love seat. "I'm sorry Kitty." He cooed. He hugged me tightly. "Why are you sending me away?" I silently said. "Vic is the best form of therapy anyone could get Kitty." He said. "But you wouldn't ever send Copeland to San Diego." I said. He was speechless. He knew I was right. "I love you Kitty. I always will." He stood up and looked at me. He expected me to say those eight letters, three words. "I miss you Dad." He was confused. "I miss how you would call me Princess or Kitty. I miss how we could cuddle when I had a nightmare. I miss how you would hug me so tightly. I miss how you were protective over me. I miss you." I was pouring my soul out to someone who doesn't even care. What was I thinking? "I'm so sorry Kitty, I didn't-" "Oh of course you didn't know. It's because you never knew in the first place!" If my words left visible injuries, he would have scars and bruises all over him. I could tell I hurt him. "Obviously I knew if you miss the old me!" He raised his voice. "Obviously you changed. I thought I could tell you anything! I trusted you! I loved you as my father! I can't believe you are sending me to Vic! I guess I'm just too much to handle!" I stood up. I grew about six inches over the two years. I am now Kellin's height. "You are too much to handle!" Kellin spat. I got up in his face. "Good because I take after you!" I sneered. "Goodbye Carissa. Have fun with Vic." He snarled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched in the car as Kellin loaded my luggage into the trunk. He was taking me to the airport because Kate had a photo shoot. I haven't seen Vic since my birthday party last July, so I'm pretty excited, in a way. I want to stay here. I don't want to leave. Kellin got into the front seat. I put in my earbuds. Kids In The Dark by All Time Low came on. I love that song so much. Kellin yanked on my wire. "What the fuck?" He knows I hate that. "We need to talk." Was all he said. "We did yesterday." I muttered. "I'm sorry for being a horrible father Kitty." Dad said. "Well I'm not going to say it's okay, because it's not okay." I looked out the window. "I really and truly love you Carissa." He said. "Well I don't know if I really and truly love you. I think I lost that feeling last year along with my self confidence." It was true. I became "popular" at my school, so everyone criticized me. It was pretty hard to be popular. He didn't say anything after that.

"Bye Carissa." Dad said before I boarded the plane. "Bye daddy." I hugged him. I had crazy mood swings. Right then, I was being a sweet child. The next minute, I could have been fucking satan. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I said. He looked down at me with a smile on his face. "Last call for flight 446." The intercom said. "Bye dad!" I broke apart from our hug and skipped to the plane loading area.