The Girl and The Final Battle part 4 (Final Arc part 8)

In the very first timeline, Shinichiro had just disbanded the first gen Black Dragon and decided he wanted to get his siblings some presents a few days later. About a month later, he received a phone call from his grandpa telling him that Manjiro was in critical condition because he fell down the stairs while playing with his airplane and hit his head. Quickly making his way to the hospital, Shinichiro found out that Manjiro was in a vegetative state, meaning his body was still alive but his brain was no longer functioning.

All of this devastated Shinichiro. He first took his anger out on the airplane he brought for Manjiro, throwing it to the ground and stomping on it. He blamed everything on that accursed airplane toy.

Four years later, Grandpa Sano had passed away and Emma ran away from home. This only left Shinichiro and Manjiro. Shinichiro study to become a caretaker and worked in the hospital, all for Manjiro's sake since there was no one else around to take care of the boy. Those around Shinichiro were worried for him as he kept putting on a tough face. But that tough face of his would soon disappear a month later on July 20th when Manjiro Sano passed away.

Manjiro's death had such an impact on Shinichiro. He was a broken man with no where to go in life anymore. His reason for living was no longer around, so what was the point? Should he just let out all his anger on the people who lied to him about ways that could help Manjiro by killing them? Would that make him feel better?

It probably wouldn't.

One of Shinichiro's friends, Wakasa decided to treat the man to a few drinks a day or two after Manjiro's funeral. It didn't really help the man. Instead he couldn't help but overhear a group of men talking about some old man who claimed he could time leap. Wanting to find out more about this, Shinichiro beat up the group of men behind the bar Wakasa took him to. The men told him where he could find the old man and went to the location.

Shinichiro questioned the old man about how he could go back in time while Wakasa told him it was all made up by a bunch of drunks. Shinichiro wasn't having it and told Wakasa to shut up, this caused the man to leave Shinichiro alone with the old man. Shinichiro questioned the man again and man told him that he could give him the power if he was able to commit murder since that's how the old man got the powers in the first place. Without hesitation and a metal pipe in his hands, Shinichiro hit the old man up side his head. The old man laughed as Shinichiro continued to hit him with the metal pipe in his hands. The old man even went as far as to cursing Shinichiro in death.

With the old man dead and him thinking he had the ability to go back in time, Shinichiro tried to go back. But nothing happened.

The next day, it was pouring with rain and Shinichiro had finally reached his breaking point. He now stood on the railing of a bridge, staring down at the stream. He was about to kill himself before Haruchiyo showed up. The poor boy tried to convince Shinichiro to get down, but the man wasn't listening. He instead talked about how today was the day of Manjiro's accident and how he wished he could go back to that day. He then fall forward head first into the stream.

Shinichiro thought he could finally be at ease as he waited for his death. But his death never came to him, instead he woke up to getting kicked in the face by Manjiro. This left Shinichiro confused as he sat back up on the couch, staring at his younger brother. He couldn't believe what he was seeing as he started to cry and run up to the boy, hugging him. Shinichiro told himself that he would do everything he could to fix this life and protect Manjiro. And that's what he did.

Shinichiro was able to teach Manjiro how to drive a motorcycle and help out a lot more around the house. This was all fine until Manjiro got mad at Haruchiyo and ripped the boy's mouth, leaving scars. Neither Shinichiro nor Manjiro knew why he got that upset over his broken toy airplane. All Shinichiro knew was that Manjiro needed to apologize to Haruchiyo, which he did. The boy then left the two alone and Shinichiro told Haruchiyo that he didn't need to accept Manjiro's apology now but he could still be his friend. Haruchiyo responded with how Manjiro was his friend for life as he held his hand out. Shinichiro grabbed Haruchiyo's hand and something was triggered, causing the man to time leap into fours years from the year he was currently in.

Now in the year 2003, Shinichiro knew for a fact he had managed to change Manjiro's fate, so he no longer needed his time leaping powers. He ended up passing them on to a young boy.

A month passed and Shinichiro went looking for the old man he had killed and didn't find him. He then made his way back to his bike shop and saw that someone was trying to rob him. There he was hit upside the head and killed in the similar matter as the old man he killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The news about all of this came as a shock to us all. Well some of us already knew about the ability to time leap but we didn't know how far this all went back.

"The 'curse' Shinichiro created by killing the time leaper...that is what my 'dark impulses' are" Mikey started. "It affected everyone around him. The same was probably true for Kazutora back then. The karma that I've carried." He put his hand over his chest. "This 'dark impulse'...it's eating away at me." He clenched his chest with his hand. "Thump, thump, thump. Stronger and stronger. I can't seem to control it anymore." He gritted his teeth. "That's why I pushed my friends away. I had no choice but to leave."

"Mikey-kun..." Chifuyu said.

"I feel like...I'm about to go berserk." Mikey clenched his chest tighter.

"You don't have to hold back anymore" Takemichi said.

"Huh?" Mikey looked up at Takemichi.

"The second generation Tokyo Manji gang was formed just to save you. So please release your dark impulses with all you've got." Takemichi had a determined look on his face. "I can see the future, so I'll be able to do something about it." Takemichi held his fist out. "So! I'm the only one who can crush you dark impulses!"

Hearing Takemichi say this, brought Haruchiyo to tears.

"You can let go, Mikey" Takemichi told the boy.

"I don't care what happens to you." Mikey closed his eyes and let his dark impulses fully consume him.

"Let's finish all of this!"

Mikey picked up Haruchiyo's Katana and started swinging it at Takemichi. Takemichi tried to hit Mikey but only ended up getting his arm cut open.

"Hanagaki! I know! You can't erase the curse!" Haruchiyo exclaimed. "Mikey and his dark impulses are inseparable...they are one and the same!" Takemichi was listening but not really. "I've been following Mikey...as if I were in a trance, how stupid!!" Mikey kept swinging at Takemichi. "Shinichiro died because of the curse. And Baji. And Emma. And Draken." Takemichi was trying his best to dodge the swings but got cut every now and then. "Everyone that tries to save Mikey from those dark impulses will just end up dying! That's what this curse is!!! You'll die too, Hanagaki!!!"

"Shut uup!" Takemichi yelled as he ran towards Mikey who held the Katana he took from Haruchiyo in a perfect position for someone to get impaled on.