Chapter 24: Does He Still...?

Wonyoung's POV

'Should I go back to school again tomorrow?' I asked myself. I have been keeping watch of the school's forum and I have seen no updates at all of Karina. Well, it is for sure that people will talk about her there when she appears. But it has been quite since then.

Strangely, though, I noticed all the post about Karina has been put down in the forum. They usually do not put posts down. But they did for reasons I do not know and understand.

Did someone asked the admins to put it down? But who?

Now that I think about it, only Sunghoon knows about Karina. Then must it be him?

No, he wouldn't go that far for me. What am I even to him?

But still. My problem is not just Karina. Him... Will I be able to act as if nothing ever happened around Sunghoon? I can't help but think more deeply about it.

....

*Sigh* I don't think I can still see Sunghoon in this state–

But as I was trying to think by myself, the sound of the doorbell of my condominium resounded in my head. At that exact moment, I thought it must have been Yeji who has always been the one to visit me and deliver the notes.

"She's quite early today" I said to myself. At this point, I can already stand somehow. Although I still sometimes lose my balance, I still stood up from my seat to go and open the door for her.

*click*

"Ya, why are you so early today–" but as the door slid wide open, what showed up in front of me was not the person I expected to be.

Suddenly, I could feel my heart drop upon the unexpectedness of what's beyond the door.

'S..sunghoon..?!'

"Ah.. I-it's been awhile, huh..?" Sunghoon greeted with an awkward smile.

Uneasiness dwelled up my heart. And unconsciously, my hands held the door knob tight to push it back. But as I was doing so–

"Acck–!" I lost my balance and also felt a sting on my injured foot.

"Y-ya careful!" I heard Sunghoon's voice but I already had no time to understand what he said as I couldn't help but shut my eyes and wait for the impact.

...

The impact...

...

When is it gonna come..?

...

Why is it taking a bit long..

...

Something's wierd (⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠;⁠)

...

At that thought, I started to slowly open my eyes to see what was wrong. But only to see myself in the arms of the man I have wanted to not fall back into.

"W-wonyoung-a, gwaenchana?" He asked in a panicked voice. His face is so close to mine and at that exact moment our eyes had met for the first time in a while. You could see his eyes were full of worries. As if truly caring for something he treasures a lot. To be honest... it even made my heart skip. But more than that, it was something that I have not seen since that incident happened.

Ya... tell me... Why is he being like this all of a sudden...

"L..let me go" I said wanting to break off from his hold.