Chapter 22.1: Christmas OVA

Sunghoon's POV

"You know every Christmas there would always be food right?" She said as she was getting more into her story-telling. I usually don't like listening to someone who talks too much. But for some reason, I am fine with her doing so. Maybe because we have nothing else to do here anyway. So I just let her keep on going with her stories.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Back then I sneaked some food from our table and went outside to feed the stray cats. Even though I am allergic to them.. hehe. I also ate some sweets for myself even though I get too much sugar rush from it" she said laughing to herself.

Somehow, I could not help but smile as well. Although she might have not noticed it though since its fairly dark here...

"So? Did you get caught?" I asked to keep ber talking.

"Uhm yeah. And I got grounded for a week!" She said quite happily. For someone who got punished, she sure is pessimistic about it rather than sad.

Among the others I have met so far, she does look the most genuine. I am not trying to say everyone is not. It's just that, so far, all of the people who approached me only did so to take advantage of what I have. That is why I do not easily let people in my life. It may have also got to do with a trauma of mine you could say.

To be specific, everyone wants to get on my good side for their own selfish interests. So they would always brag of good things they've had as they speak. But this girl... Yuanying... Have only told me of every little bad things she had encountered in her childhood... She is really wierd (in a good way) (⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠;⁠)

"That must be tough" I commented with the corners of my lips slightly curled up. For some reason... I can't help it.

"Right?! So..." She continued her talk as I listened. Her topic went from one to the other that I almost felt like I know half of her life already. It never got boring at all as everything she had told from up untill now really did interest me, and, sometimes, funny. She'd make a great story teller really. Suddenly, it made me realize...

I guess being locked up here is not so bad. I did tell her that the signal here was bad, but in actually, it does get better at some parts of the storage room.

She must have not known it since she is a new student. So I just chose not to tell her that time because I really wanted to talk to her. And I thought this was the only best time I could get my answers from her. If word gets out I have an injury, they will surely get to me. So I had to make sure. I guess I will just have to apologize after we get out.

But...

Yuanying...

That's a cute name.

----

Merry Christmas, everyone! ⊂⁠(⁠'⁠・⁠◡⁠・⁠⊂⁠ ⁠)⁠∘⁠˚⁠˳⁠°

This is the only compensation I can give you since I can't upload any chapters today as I will be celebrating Christmas with my family.

But I hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve so far! I never really thought someone still waited for an update of my story since I have been really inactive. So I think the best Christmas gift I have received so far are really your love amd support for the story X&Y (⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ

So, once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your patience and wish you all a Merry Christmas!

-Ms.Terry