Chapter 22: The Brightest Darkness

"Have you calmed down now?" Sunghoon asked. I am currently sitting now as I am using his Uniform Jacket as a blanket to help me ease myself. He also used is handphone as light. Lucky enough he did bring his phone. The problem is, the signal here is pretty bad and he is almost out of battery.

"Hm.." I nodded. I still feel a bit weak. I mean, how can I not? It just seems that a lot of things has been happening lately since I encountered Sunghoon directly. I'm not trying to blame him or anything though.

"As far as I know, my friend was also asked to go here as well to fetch some materials. Let's talk for now as we wait for him. It'll help you calm down more right?" he said as he sat across me.

It has been 15 minutes since we got locked in here. Somehow, I kind of regretted that I pulled Sunghoon to hide away from others. But if you think about it, if people saw us together back then, the rumors might become even worse.

"Sorry.. for dragging you to this mess.." I said with a hint of guilt, looking away. I can't even look at him straight in the eyes now.

"Don't be. I think I should be the one to apologize. Those girls must have bullied you because of what I did to you earlier. *Sighs* that's why I never want to get involve with girls..."

I suddenly could not believe what I am hearing. So the reason he actually does not get involve with girls is this? Somewhat, it feels like he has this high of an ego. But he has a point though. A lot of girls go crazy because of him. Now that I think about it, he is not that bad of a person. But..

"If you knew that... Why did you even still accepted the tissue I offered you..?" I curiously asked.

"Oh, that... Hmm.. you seemed too genuine that time I felt bad not accepting it"

"..eh..?" Just what kind of reason is that.. I though he thought of me badly back then.

"But hey... my turn to ask. I really need to know about it. How you knew I had an injury. As far as I know, I told no one about it"

Compared to earlier, he seems to have a more warm aura now than earlier which was cold. Is he really sticking to what he said earlier that he will believe me for now? Well, anyhow, I could not find myself an answer to his question. Why? Because the reason is simply unbelievable. But I decided to just reply to clear out the misunderstanding.

"Will you believe me if I said that I just guessed..?" I said looking at him.

"Huh..?" He just gave me a confused look.

Maybe because I was so weak back then as well that I probably just instinctively know how a person in pain looks like. Well, it is up to him wether to believe me or not.

"Don't worry. either way, I won't tell anyone about it. Nor am I going to blackmail you. I won't get anything significant from it anyway... I just want to have a normal school life..."

Well, it is true. But I just wonder, why is he not getting it treated. It will get worse at this point.

"If I were you though... You should get it treated before it is too late" I said genuinely concerned. Knowing someone will actually end up the same thing that I went through is just unbearable.

"..."

But Sunghoon did not make any reply and just looked at me. At that time, I realized I was already being too nosy.

"A- sorry, I did not mean to be too nosy..." I apologetically said.

"Why do you care?" He asked. Rather than being a rude question. I just could feel that it was a genuine question coming from him. But the question somehow caught me off guard that I did not know what to say. Wouldn't it be too wierd to say I feel like we are the same even if I do not know anything about him? And if I did not answer, he will assume many other things. And he will probably just think of me weirdly again.