Chapter 11: Who's Your Bet?

*prrrrrrrrrrttt*

Our PE teacher, whistled calling everyone's attention.

"Okay, everyone, gather up"

And upon hearing her, everyone, including Soobin's class followed with the direction as well of their subject teacher. As everyone settles down, our teacher starts to speak again.

"Since everyone has finalized the lineup of their class' players, we will now begin with the competition. As you all know, our gym has two volleyball courts. On the right we will have the girls and on the left we will have the boys. I will serve as the referee for the girls and, on the other hand, Mr. Ji will be assigned to the boys. Once again, this is only going to be a friendly competition so I hope that all of you will still maintain the value of sportsmanship. Understood?"

"Neeeee~!"

"Also, do not forget to always be careful and do some stretches, to avoid injuries. Okay, you may now go to your respective courts. Those who will not be partaking the game may sit on the benches. Avoid chattering and please do cheer for your bets. That's all"

After saying all that, everyone went tho their own ways. I also started walking to the benches, HAPPILY. Well, why not? It's like we're having a free time.

"Ya, Wonyoung-a! So, tell me! who's your bet?" Yeji, who was walking with me, suddenly asked excitedly.

"Hm? What do you mean by who's my bet? Of course it would be our class! We'll have bonus points if we win right?" I said truthfully. I just really find it wierd that she is still asking a question with an obvious answer.

"Not that! I mean, who is your bet among Soobin and Sunghoon!" She insisted but I still don't get why she is asking that.

'what is this girl thinking again..? -_-' I thought as I just looked at her with my right brow up.

I mean, I should not be surprised anymore with her sudden actions because she has always been unpredictable in a lot of ways. But since I've got nothing to do anyway, maybe I could think about it a bit.

'hmmm, sooooo, Soobin is definitely tall. Like reaaally taaaaaaaaaalll. He could probably block the ball with out even lifting his foot from the ground. He has also a great physic as he has also been recently attending gym. But..... I've also known Sunghoon since a long time ago. He was an athlete and a very good one I can say. He won a lot of competitions and represented our school. Although he did not play a lot of ball games as he was more into ice-skating, he was known to be a very quick learner. Back when we also had PE classes, he easily tops the class and even rank among the varsity athletes of other fields of sport in our batch. So I could say that Sunghoon would most definitely win'

"Well, for me..." I said as I was trying to come up with an answer.

'Sunghoon is more likely to win but since I want nothing to do with him anymore, well, the choice is obvious!'

"Soobin's my bet" I replied straightforwardly and looked at Yeji in the eye.

"Oh" she said with her lips in an 'o' shape and her eyes cutely rounded as well. She must have thought that I would have backed up my answer with so many reasons or that if I would get conflicted.

"What? Thought I wo—"

*SLLAAAAMMMMMM!!!*

I was about to say something more when suddenly a strong spike resounded the whole gymnasium. Everyone can't help but jump in shock, including me.

'what the hell was that just now?! ㅇㅅㅇ it literally sounded like a fired canon!'

I looked over to where the sound came from but what caught my eyes was the side profile of a prince-like man.