Chapter 9: Who Knows?

Ever since the encounter of Sunghoon and Soobin on our break, Sunghoon started to annoy me a lot. Like hitting my table's legs with his foot. Intentionally dropping his pen or eraser to the side and then glancing at me as he picks it up. Even up to asking the teacher if he could share the book with me as he claims 'he didn't have one yet'!

It was obvious he does! He probably just chose not to bring it! Because of that, I had to push my table close to his and also sit extremely close to him. Even if I wanted to retaliate, I couldn't because it was our teacher who agreed and ordered it.

Our arms would sometimes hit each other. And every time that happens, electricity seems to spark in between and runs to my body. It made me not be able to concentrate through out the class. I could also feel occasional deathly glares from the girls in the class. Sometimes, the boys would also look eerily at Sunghoon.

The entire room's temperature dropped which made me break into cold sweats. So I adjusted my seat to move away from him and sliding the book a bit so I still could see. I don't to be this close to him! Not even let others think that we are close!

But despite my efforts to put some distance between us, he moved himself and his chair closer. I turned to look at him in surprise but right at this moment, our faces were already so close it caught me even more off guard!

"Stop going away" Sunghoon suddenly whispered as his eyes land on mine. Maybe it was because we are sitting close to the window that his eyes were sparkling so much.

It looked like the eyes of a puppy asking for something but at the same time something felt wrong. For some reason, I could feel that he means something more than what he just said.

"I can't read properly"

But what he said afterwards cut my train of thought.

'was I being too assuming right now? What was I expecting?'

I just rolled my eyes away and didn't say anything. There is also nothing I can do anymore. If I move even more, I would already be by the edge of my table. I didn't dare continue looking at him as well so I adjusted my seat and faced the front. But although I was not looking at him anymore, I saw him smile mockingly through my peripheral vision.

I really want to curse at him now for annoying me this much but if by chance the teacher sees us looking at each other, she might think we are talking and not listening. We'll be the center of attention by that which I don't ever ever wanna happen!

"Tss.. you obviously have your book yet you—" I mumbled but my sentence got cut off.

"Obviously wanted to annoy you" he took over my sentence seemingly knowing what I was going to say.

'ugh! This is stressing me! He didn't even dare to deny it! ┻┻︵ヽ(´)ノ︵┻┻'

"I ain't a liar like you, so ain't denying it" he added with a smirk on his face.

He was so so getting to my nerves already but what he said also reminded me of something.

"T..then.. if Yeji didn't enterupt earlier... Would you have really said..." I can not even continue speaking just thinking of what could have happen if he really did.

He fell silent for a moment. Probably thinking. But after a moment, he spoke again in a low tone.

"Who knows"

Although I could say I could be happy that atleast he did not say 'yes', a response in which I still have to guess is more scarier since there is no any kind of assurance.

While I was still in distress over this, time had already skipped to lunch, which obviously made me happy. I can finally stay away from him!

But that is just what I thought. I never expected this to happen instead...