Chapter II

{The Championship}

The roars from the crowd could be heard all around, as all the fighters prepared for their turn. This is the only time all the fighters are in a room together - the weapons room. It allows everyone to sharpen their swords and put on some amour if they wished. First time I was in this room I messed with another fighters weapon, I gain quiet a few bruises and cuts. The brutes don't understand what sharing is. Each man for himself in this place. Over the years you come to learn who's claimed what, but some newbies don't get the memo and it turns into this...

"What do you think you're doing lad?" a large brute towered over the newcomer, his eyes filled with annoyance and a hint of amusement. Carion loved to pick on the newcomers any minute he got and unfortunately for this newbie he's come on a bad day. The only day everyone is together in a room. Limited to guards too due to the lack of care for any of us. "Did no one tell you? That's my sword you got there" the newbie kept his hood up; he looked relatively tall but not in comparison to Carion. It was always the same, Carion would tease the newbie, scare them, make them tremble and then he would beat the living crap out of them until their entire body became bluish green. Unless your Igor he's a Rodian, he was that colour to begin with.

Carion lifted the newie by his shift and lifted him off the ground, I dashed forward to intervene. Not that I don't enjoy a good fight, it's never fun seeing a newbie fall victim to him. "Oi Carion, put him down it's not worth it" the brute snarled at me, dropping the newbie on the floor and turning is gaze to me. I've had many battles with Carion, he can throw a mean punch. He's a Zabrak, Tren told me, considered as an arrogant and proud species, just goes to show. "Easy now, you don't want your arse kicked before we even get into the ring to you?" I smirked which only caused him to grow enraged. I, being small and slim build in comparison to his large, he calls muscles I call fat, build anyone would choose to throw their money on him rather than myself. However, I'm more agile than him, he doesn't even know what the word stealth even means the thick head can be heard a planet away. That's my advantage on him.

"You think you're so tough, don't ya little girly" he snarled "When we get into that ring, I'll make sure to wipe that smile off your pretty little face, you'll be unrecognisable" his band of morons cheered him on from behind. I rolled my eyes, hearing the same threats on a weekly basis - it never happens. It's embarrassing that he thinks I'll let him win just for the sake of his image. He tried to bribe me once, it didn't work.

"Alright you two, let try to not cause a commotion, you know boss doesn't like it. You'll be spending a week in the hole" the punishment hole where the mole rats nip at your skin for an entire week with no food or water. Many have died in that hole; their bodies are never removed and there is no escape unless a rope is thrown down to you so you can climb out. However, some can't even find the energy to climb out and so are abandoned to either starve to death or to be eaten alive. Carion raised his head and re grouped with his friends. Tren led me back over to our spot in the corner.

"Hey, thank you" the newbie spoke from under his hood. There it was again, that feeling I had from my dream, actually I wouldn't even call it a dream it was terrifying. The energy I felt but was dragged away. I looked up at him but only saw his mouth that turned up into a slight smile.

"Be careful or you won't last the week in this place, trust me the five years I've been here you start to learn a few things. One being, let the rest of the fighters take their weapons before you do, or you may choose one that has already been claimed" I warned him earning a slight nod "Good luck out there"

~~~~

My first fight was against Tren. In comparison to myself he was slow, but I made sure to make subtle mistakes that could take advantage of. He was getting old, which made him vulnerable to being thrown to the beasts. I had to make sure to make it seem like I was no match for him, just so the boss wouldn't deem him useless to the business. To the crowd and regulars, it would show him to be stronger. The only issue was the with Trens image people were betting on him to win and therefore they were making money off the business and the business was losing it. I fear that one day they won't let us fight against each other and when he's begins to be beaten by other opponents, they will see him as weak and useless. His was the reigning champion when he was first brought here but that was a long time ago. We don't earn retirement for our hard work.

I allowed Tren to win after I "made an error" tripping over a rock, he had me pinned by his staff. The crowd cheered his name, but I could see the displease of the boss in the crowed. Tren lifted me to my feet, and we made our way to the resting room. "Tren I'm growing worried" I announced as he took a seat "Boss is started to get annoyed that you always win, I can sense it. The business makes no money from us"

"It's alright kid, whatever happens will happen. Were just delaying the inevitable right now" he sighed, we both knew what that meant "Listen kid, I've heard that I'm going up against Carion today, I can't beat him anymore. My body is starting to grow tired of these fights and lack of food. I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I want you to fight and I want you to get out of here no matter what. Kid you don't deserve this, you need to get out and go live a life"

"Knock it off Tren, I'm not leaving you. If I go, you go too. You deserve a life too and I will not let your fate be sealed by the beast pen" taking a deep breath I looked around the room at the other, younger and stronger opponents. My eyes landed on the newbie, he was looking straight at me, I could make out his green eyes slightly covered by some orange hair.

~~~