56[Amari'S POV]

It has been a week and no one can find the person who got into my house and took my girlfriend! It has been hell, Neo misses her and wants to talk to her and I keep having to lie she is smart, she can tell something is wrong and I hate having to lie to her.

With every passing moment, I feel like I am breaking apart like I am being burned down. It feels as though someone burned a hole in my chest and is watching me bleed and waiting like a vulture for me to die.

"Aunty Amari?"

"Yes,"

"Is my mom coming back?" Fuck!

"Of course she is, come on, your mom is coming back okay?" she nods "Now, would you like a snack?"

"No, I am going to watch a movie."

"Okay." she gets off the chair and heads to her room.

She is barely coping and I barely know what to do, how to console her or even whether to tell her that I do not know where her mother is or when she is coming back. My mother thinks it's good that I did not tell her the truth but is she right? Is that fair?

Breathe. I have been having anxiety attacks all week, if I spend more than a moment thinking about what she could be going through, what they could be putting her through, who took her and what have they not made a ransom call?

I gave them a week and they gave me nothing, I need to get it together so I can find my person.
"Buddy, wanna go with Aunty Mari to work?"

"Can I play games on your phone?"

"You can." she puts on her jacket and we got to my car, after she is buckled in the car, I tell Vadim and Dima that we are headed for my office.

I have been focusing on work to distract from her but every time I look at Neo all I see is her, when I look outside, I find every reason to think of her, how the sun reminds me of her warmth or the trees of how much she hates being cold,

"Tell me what have you gotten thus far?" I left Neo with Alana in my office.

"We have gone through all the people who have made threats against you and also trying to find the car and driver."

"What have you found?"

"The car was torched, giving us nothing, the car had no plates so we had nothing to go on. What we can tell is that they were not working alone and they were professionals."

"Okay, so out of all the people we do business with, who is dumb enough to cross me?"

"We can't seem to find someone, who knows anything." fucking useless.

"Can I see the list of people so I can see who you ticked off?" Katrina hands the list to me and immediately I realise the people I am working with. "Why is Kal not on this list?"

"Kal?"

"Kal, the Finnish bastard who trades in trafficking."

"We, Uhm..."

"I mean he has a small gang, where would he get someone who can pull off an abduction like this and how would he know where you live?"

"Okay, can he not pay people to do all of that?"

"With what? He does not have the capital to hire professionals.

"Money is not the only thing you can trade! Guys come on! Fuck! If that bastard took her and none of you pieced that together all because you underestimated him, you will all be counting your breaths. Christ! Fucking call him." they get him on the line and we are waiting for it to connect.