9

My eyes are closed but the light is blinding already and my head feels as though it will pop. I cover my head with the covers. This is not my bed, these are not my covers, this is not my room!

Last night comes back to me, I turn to my other side and Ri is not there. I stay in her bed, would not want to get lost in her house. How does last night change our working relationship? Why did I not think about the consequences of that fucking kiss?

It was one kiss and it probably meant nothing to her. Walking into the bathroom I notice an unopened toothbrush pack beside it are a face cloth, fancy body soap, face wash, face moisturiser, deodorant, body lotion and a new outfit.

She thought of everything but a comb. I open the drawer and notice hair moisturizer and an afro comb.

Let me not read into it, she is being nice, being a good host. I put on the shower cap and spend some time wishing we were back at that house and her lips were on me.

Amari has taste. The underwear she bought feels so good on my skin, the dress she bought fits perfectly and even makes me look good, it made me glow, it is about to be my favourite piece of clothing.

After combing and styling it my hair, I found my phone fully charged along with my bag, I had forgotten all about it. I try to find a way out of the place as I notice a door that might lead outside, the door opens and Amari is on the phone.

"I know, Mama, I plan on coming there soon." She closes the door and barely realises my existence. "Mama, I will take a flight there tomorrow then." She turns around and a smile appears on her face "Look, Ma, I have to go, we will talk about this later, stop stressing, I love you bye." She puts her phone in her back pocket. "Leaving?"

"Yeah, not used to being in people's houses while they are not there."

"Okay, let me go drop you off."

"No it's okay, you just got back and probably wanted to relax, I'll call an Uber." She shakes her head slowly while coming closer.

"I'll take you, it would make me feel better." I do not want to give in because what am I going to say to her on the ride to my house?

"Okay," those eyes could force you to commit murder. She smiles and leads the way to her garage. There are four cars here, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Buggati and G-Wagon. All of them are black.  She opens the door to the G-wagon and helps me inside before going to the opposite side

"Is that regret I am sensing?"

"What?"

"I feel as though you are energetically rejecting me."

"I am not. I just feel as though we should forget last night happened so we can work better together. "

"If that is how you feel then it never happened." I nod and silence covers the rest of the trip.

She stops outside my apartment, I get my bag and look at her for after this moment one of the brightest experiences of my life can never happen again.

"Thank you for the dress, you have good taste."

"You are welcome." A half-smile covers her face.

"See you after Christmas break." She nods and waits for me to get inside the house before leaving.

I should get a pet, why is this place always so dead? I try not to think about what will happen when I come back, look forward not back. I pack my bag because Mrs Jones said we are leaving tonight to be there in the morning.

I write a note for when I get back

Go to the pet store.

I walk over to her apartment and knock three times before she finally opens

"Oh Abiya, come in, I am waiting for my brother to get here." When I get inside I notice her four suitcases all varying in size.

"How long are we gone for?"

"About a week."

"Oh okay, just had to make sure I packed enough."

"There is a washing machine and a dryer there don't worry."

When her brother Thato gets there we all for into the blue Sukuzi bakkie that he owned. We git acquainted and for the remainder of the travel, Mrs Jones and Thato held their conversation while I texted Kash while wishing I was texting Ri. 

"Abiya, wake up honey, we are here."