12

At a quarter to nine, Kash texts me to come outside. When I get to the ground floor, I notice Ri's car at the gate, part of me hopes she does not come along because it is bound to be awkward.

"Abiya, hurry up," Kash calls out, his head sticking out the side of the window.

"Would be faster if you helped instead of just screaming at me!" Ri opens her door and makes her way to help me, she takes my suitcases and puts it in the boot. "Thank you."

"No problem, you ride shotgun." Leaving no room for arguments and I obey, she was using her boss voice, it is intimidating.

"Hey, George." I greet him as I put on the seat belt.

"Hey Abiya, are you excited to go to Greece?"

"Partially, did you see the weather? It is practically winter."

"We are used to worse."

"What do you mean?"

"Russia is cold, Greece in spring is nothing we can not handle."

"As the African soil child I am, I prefer the heat."

"Hopefully you don't hate the trip." I hope so too,

Ri drives us to an aeroplane hangar.

"Mari, your dad is okay with us using the jet right?"

"We are using my mom's plane, my dad is using the jet." She is coming with us?

"Good morning Ms Goncharov, Mr Johnson and company." The air hostess and pilot greet us before we ascend the stairs. Luxury does not even begin to comprehend how stunning and massive the inside is.

There is a kitchen, lounge area, bathroom with a shower and bedroom. It is massive and my brain can not comprehend how massive this plane is, the boys settle in the lounge, we join them and shortly after we settle, the hostess tells us we are about to depart.

George puts on his headphones, Kash follows, Ri takes out her laptop and starts typing. 

Do I talk to her or not bother her? I want to bother her but what if that makes matters worse and she actually hates me after that. I open my book and start reading, I would watch a movie but I want to be able to answer her if she says anything.

Never have I been this eager to talk to someone,  why do I feel like this?! Two hours go by and still no word uttered.

While reading, the main character Sienna does something I visibly cringe at, I close the book and close my eyes before taking a deep breath.

"Everything alright?" Never taking her eyes off her screen.

"Uhm." Do I bother her with the details of my book?

"You can tell me about it." She stops looking at her laptop to look at me.

"Are you sure? I don't want to disturb you."

"I need the break anyway, tell me what about this book has you so enthralled." Turning her body to face mine, I mirror her actions and begin explaining the plot and all my favourite bits. Attentive as ever she listens to me, hanging on every word I say.

"So yeah, I was confused as to why she would do that to her person like sure they are not together but girl, that's your man."

"I wonder the same, you should get to the end so you can tell me how it ends."

"I should so that." She nods while standing up. She goes into the kitchen. I get back into reading. After a while, she comes back and places a bowl of Mac and cheese on the table next to me. "Thank you." A nod and she gets back into her work.

Once I am done with the books, I sit and look at the ceiling, the book is amazing. The type of amazing that makes you feel in love with the love you read and leaves you broken hearted when it finally comes to read that final word. I wish I could read it all over again.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just withdrawal symptoms." She chuckles a little but enough to make my heart flutter. I proceed to tell her the ending and I feel a tear escape my eye. She is suddenly in front of me wiping my tear away.

"Quite the ending." She says as she gets up and goes into the kitchen, she comes back with two big bags of lays.

"Pick." I pick the Thai Sweet Chilli, it is my favourite after all. "Do you want to watch a movie with me?" Do I? Of course I do, I would love to.

"What movie are you watching?"

"You will see." She smacks George on the head "We are watching a movie, go make your snacks and wake Kash up." It is only Three pm so I understand why she has no hesitation waking them up.

Kash and George come back with popcorn and more chips. Ri starts the movie, it is Shrek.

"You promised we would watch Bambi." George bellows

"We will watch it after this."

"Fine." I would have never guessed that they watch animated movies, they seem like the people who watch action, thriller and horror movies.

I find myself leaning onto her shoulder, she moves her arm and wraps it around my shoulders. A few moments later, the air hostess, comes in with four blankets.

Ri goes to cook for us, I don't know what she is making but by the reactions from Kash and George, she is a decent cook.

She made Pad Thai and we watched Bambi, there were a lot of tears.

"You can take the bedroom."

"No, it's your mom's plane, you should sleep there."

"Trust me, I feel better sleeping on the couch." She heads to the bathroom and changes into pyjamas.

"Okay, good night."

"Good night, Abiya." No Bibi? She hates me.