24. I WANT TO

MON'S POV:-

I looked at Khun Sam, she is paralyzed but looks reviled as if many of her internal pains have been ejected from her body.
Finally the day arrived. The day she told me about her true feelings for me. For others, 'like' can represent love or obsession. For her, it's an equation and you have to solve it.
Like = Dislike.
'I like you! Can't you understand that?'
So if I solve this equation, it will have another meaning...
'I hate you. Can you understand that?'
Painful tears flow from my eyes. Now, I'm not sure whether I should use my hands to cover my face or wipe away my tears. When I fully understand, I lose all my dignity.

"Hmm... I understand. Hhhh."

"Mon!"

I run from the freezing room amidst the glares of the others. Khun Sam yells from afar to stop me, but I walk away without looking back.
I quit. I can't stand being here anymore. Khun Sam hates me.
Hmm!

[Mon, are you alright?]

I hide to cry in the parking lot while I call Kate, because I don't know who to call to vent. For me, the PP gang girls are like my close friends. I'll tell her everything about what happened to Khun Sam.

"Khun Sam hates me."

[Hmm. What happened?]

"I just gave her my resignation letter. And she said... Ughh..."

[What she said?]

"She likes me."

Silence takes over the other end of the line. Kate says nothing and leaves me to cry alone. Because she is quiet, I look at my phone screen repeatedly to check that she is still on the line.

"Are you there?"

[I'm here... Just stunned... Now I'm even more confused. You just told me that you're crying because PP said she likes you, right?]

"Kate, you know very well that she is the type who always does the opposite of what she thinks. Her mind is different from ours. It's abnormal."

[Doesn't work... We need to meet for this, right now.]

"I didn't finish my workday... But I don't care, I resigned anyway. Then I will find you. Where are you?"

When I remember that I quit, I get grumpy. I end my call with Kate, go back to the office, grab my things and leave while everyone is looking at me with pity.

As Khun Sam's friends are all rich and own their own companies, they can hang out whenever they want. Kate is the one who has the most difficulty going out, because she is an actress, but she manages her schedule to find a space to see me, because she wants to know about me.
Now, we're all in the private setting of a Japanese restaurant. Of course... They always pay for me.

"I heard about it from Kate." Tee acts like she's thinking too much. "I think Sam's equation shouldn't be used in this situation as usual."

"I agree." Kate is snapping her fingers. "I think PP said what she was really thinking, it didn't need to be factored into the equation."

"I don't want to agree, really. I'm so jealous." Jim looks sad now. "Even though I have a husband now, I feel jealous."

"Jim, stay on point."

"Okay, okay. I will..." Jim sighs after hearing this from Tee. "I'm uneasy because I think Sam's equation is not what it used to be. This time I think 'Like = Like' in this situation."

"Why don't you think she hates me?"

"I told you before, she loves you... but what about your job... ah... 'Lesbian Love', what was it like?" Kate asks me butting in. I nod in response.