12. SHOOTING

MON'S POV:-

Khun Sam and Tee are gone now. Nop and I are enjoying the river prawns on the table in front of my house. No, it's not right to say that because it is not for both of us, just Nop is enjoying it. In my case, I'm distracted and my mind is far, far away from here.
It's flying to the woman who said "it is a disappointment" to me, turned around and walked away without another word.

"How did you got so close to Khun Sam and that other pretty woman?"
I came back to reality when Nop asked me this question.
"Pretty Woman? You mean Tee?"
"Yea."
"Oh. She is friends with Khun Sam. We are not close."
Nop takes his eyes off his food to look at me, as if he's considerate of me even though we're so close to each other.
"If you're not close with her, why did you go on a date with her?"
"She invited me to eat."
I didn't tell him the other details, which only Tee and Khun Sam's other friends know. Nop is still upset, so I ask:
"What's it?"
"Mon do you like Tee?"
"Tee?" I'm stunned and wave my hands in denial. "Crazy! I do not like her in that way. She is just a friend of Khun Sam."
"But she is rich." He continues.
"And she is also beautiful. I've seen a lot of girls who are lesbians, so I think you like her."
"If I liked girls, wouldn't I be Khun Sam instead?" I laugh. My face is hot, but I have to hide it because I don't want him to know. "Anyway, I don't like Tee."

"I am so relieved." Nop takes a huge breath. "When I think you might like her, I get a bad feeling. I'm afraid you'll take a liking to a girl because she's rich and classy. And I've seen her in magazines, she's a celebrity."
"By the time she was in high school, she was already famous."
"Right. It means she is not my opponent."
I got uncomfortable. It seems he's been trying to string me along since we were students. If a man showed interest in me, he tried to show that he was my boyfriend.
"Nop."
"Hmm?"
"I think we need to clarify our relationship." When he realized that I'm serious, he tries to calm me down.
"No...no...no. You are scarring me."
He makes me annoyed now. Whenever I try to talk about the relationship we have, I never can.
"By the way, Khun Sam is so cute. She said that like a child."

When he talks about Khun Sam, I forgot that we were talking about our relationship. I think she's mad at me. Even though she's cute, she's bothering me.
"She is kind of weird."
"Why is she upset with you?"
"I don't know."
"Are you going to apologize to her?"
"Why would I have to apologize? I didn't do anything wrong, but she did." I'm taking it out on him even though it's not his fault. "She broke a promise."
"You're mad at her like a child. I don't know what happened, but don't forget to keep a good relationship with her. At least you have the chance to be with Khun Sam, who is your idol and she even came here to see you. If one of you breaks this relationship, you will regret it."
After these words, I got even more upset. Yes, we are close now. It's not easy spending the night at her place. If she leaves me, what am I going to do?
At first I was upset, but now it's turned into anxiety... Normally, she always sends me stickers on Line, but she was gone all day and all night (including Saturday night and all Sunday). Even though she's the mind-boggling type of person, at least she has a cute side when she sends me stickers every night. But where is she now?
I got worried, I can't sleep. To maintain my dignity, I won't talk to her first.

On Monday morning, we bump into each other in the elevator, but we don't speak to each other.
How timely, I've been working here for a month and I've never taken an elevator with her. Why did it happened just today?
It happened so fast while we were in the elevator. So we didn't exchange a word. Which shows she's mad at me.
"Why are you so late?"
She's smiling at everyone in the office... Yes. Everyone is silent as if the boss is going to turn them into stone statues. I look at my watch, it's half past seven. It's not office hours yet. Is she crazy?
"Noi, you just got here. You are part of the Human Resources team, you should arrive earlier... about thirty minutes. You need to be an example to others."
Noi, who arrived early but not early enough, is in shock before apologizing.
"Boss ML, I usually arrive at the same time. Besides, my home is quite far from here." Suddenly, a pair of demonic eyes turn towards Noi.
"Why don't you look for a job close to your home then?"
Does not make sense! She glares at everyone with her demonic glare before entering her office and keeping the walls in light mode to pressure everyone in the office. Now, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable. I have to work early in the morning to see something like this.