14. BITE

MON'S POV:-

The beautiful woman in front of me is moving closer. We are just inches away. Her nose is touching mine, she shifts a little to find the perfect angle. I'm stunned and my eyes are closed. What should I do?
Suddenly.

Tock, tock, tock.
Someone is knocking on the car door... Just one step closer...
"Just a little bit." She regretfully says. "Your friend spoiled the mood."

Khun Sam straightens up in her seat and opens the windows to talk to Nop, who was trying to look inside the car.

"Good night, Khun Sam."

"Good evening."

She answers him. I try to act natural, even if it's not natural at all.
"Did you wait long?"

"No. Just arrived. I saw your car and thought for sure Mon would be in it."

"Then. I should better go, thanks." I thank Khun Sam before getting out of the car. But she surprises me by asking Nop a direct question.

"What is the relationship between you and Mon?"

"Me?" Nop awkwardly points the finger at himself. "We are just friends."

"Right, Mon said the same."

"Y... Yes."

"Then why do you make others think you are a couple?"
She asked him directly and cautiously. I try to calm her down.

"K... Khun Sam..."

"Yes? I'm just curious... and I get the feeling that you tried to string Mon along so she couldn't refuse you. And you know well that Mon can be nothing more than your friend."

The silence becomes deafening. Nop is smiling but crying inside. He tries to hide it and responds politely to Khun Sam.

"Did she say we can't be anything more than friends?"

Khun Sam looks at me to confirm.
"Tell him, bunny girl."

"Why are you asking me that?" Nop asks and Khun Sam is looking at him curiously.

"I asked you because I am rich."
Babbling.

"So, we need to say goodbye now. Thanks for dinner. It was amazing."
She holds my hand. Her beautiful brown eyes stare at me.

"You still haven't answered him. This is your chance to clarify your relationship."

"Why are you asking that?" nop says

"Because I am rich and the great-great-great-granddaughter of a king."

"Khun Sam..."
I try to force her to stop by looking into her eyes, but she ignores me. We were silent. She goes on without saying anything, it pisses me off.

"Sometimes you have to think of an answer before answering it. I can't answer that right now. I will speak with him later in private."

I say goodbye to her and get out of the car. We seemed happy all day and now we end up in conflict. She watches Nop and me for a few moments before pulling the car very fast. Nop and I look at her car and he says:

"She was weird."

"She is always like that. No surprises."

"What were you two doing in the car?"

"What were we doing?"

"I saw."
Even though I don't like the idea, I can't explain it to him, I'm too shy to say that we wanted to bite each other's lips.
No one can understand me.