Detention¹ | Chenle x Male Reader

Chenle x Male Reader
M/N: Bottom | Chenle: Top
Summary: just detention besties

—————————
Another chemistry class... m/n has another chemistry class scheduled for today. M/n is zoning out and once more gazing out the window. Chemistry is his worst nightmare, and he would much rather spend the day studying math.

As his seatmate Jisung began to whine next to him, M/n flinched as it caught his attention. He turned to face him and Jisung continued to groan grumpily as he sobbed without tears.

"You okay!?" M/n asked.

"Do i look like i'm okay?"

"No, no you don't"

"Our prof's soothing voice isn't helping the class at all." Jisung rolled his eyes.

Instead of paying attention to the class lesson, M/n turned around and continued to stare out the window at the students outside as it kept him entertained more than the lesson.

"M/n." Their teacher called making m/n slightly jump.

"Yes... sir?"

"Are you bored at my class?"

"To be honest sir... yeah." The entire class turned to face him, and m/n simply just continued to stare at every person one by one.

"What are you doing!?" Jisung whisper-yelled as m/n looked like he didn't care.

"M/n, will you please share us to the class the reasons why you're bored?"

"Well... you pretty much only read your presentations and looks uninterested with your job, it results to us having a hard time understanding these stupid lesso—" The class nodded their heads as they agreed but their proffesor cut m/n off.

"That's it! Go to detention! Right now!"

"What!?"

M/n walked out of the class without pausing. He grinned and laughed as he made his way to detention as he stepped out the door. He opened the door to find nobody there, which is unfortunate because m/n couldn't go an hour without speaking to anyone.

Instead of listening to the lazy teachers lecture, he really learns more when he studies independently and teaches himself. The door opening surprised him while he was doing his own thing.

His eyes sparkled as he observed the attractive boy sit next to him when he entered the room. After a little period of silence, m/n felt a need to speak with the handsome guy.

"Hey, what'd you do?" M/n asked.

The guy stopped unpacking his things to respond. "I punched some guy at the class."

"Damn." M/n chuckled.

"I'm sorry i think we haven't met yet, what's your name?" The guy asked.

"M/n, how about you?"

"Chenle."

"Chenle hm... i like your name."

"Thank yo-"

"You know, i simply got sent here because i was just being honest about how our chem teacher teaches us and he really got mad because i made a point."

"Mr. Hwang? I dislike him too! I swear i got caught sleeping at his class like 5 times."

"What!? Really? This isn't the first time Mr. Hwang sent me in detention, i swear he hates my whole existence."

"Pffft, we're the same. By the way, do we have classes where we meet? I swear i've never seen you, no offense."

"I— don't think so. How about we eat lunch together?" M/n smiled.

Chenle also grinned because of m/n's cute and wide smile.

"Sure."

Surprisingly, m/n would be the best student in the class if chemistry hadn't failed him; he is incredibly smart in all other courses. Since he wanted to be with his new friend, he's currently being a little impatient.

Although you might think he has a lot of friends, M/N only has one, and that friend is his seatmate Jisung. M/N is the talkative and approachable student in the class. The only student who could sit still all day and listen to m/n's own podcast is probably Jisung.

The new best friends will reunite now that it is time for lunch. His only goal was to find Chenle's seat, so he didn't care that he ran around the cafeteria making him sweat. Chenle was seated next to Jisung when he eventually found him.

"Y'all know each other!?" M/n asked while dropping his tray on the table.

"Well yeah... Chenle's definitely your twin... you guys are both loud so even if i'm not with one of you, there's gonna be a replacement. I can't live my life quiet." Jisung sighed.

"You're dramatic, anyways hi M/n!" Chenle greeted with a smile.

"Heeyy!!"

They appear to be chatting about them to the two men who are seated behind their tables. Renjun and Jaemin, the most well-liked rumor mongers at the school. To get Jaemin's attention, Renjun whispered something in his ear.

"Is that Chenle and M/n seated in one table?"

"Wait... since when did they—?"

"Them being best friends is kinda obvious, i think."

"i agree."

——————
"Soooo, how do you guys know each other too?" Jisung asked.

"Well—" They cut themselves off by laughing really hard and it just made Jisung annoyed.

"Guuys! Where did you meet?"

"We met at detention, yeah." Chenle answered.

"Why didn't i guessed that, huh?"

Chenle surprised M/n by getting up and sitting next to him.

"I have an idea."

"What is it?" M/n stopped slurping his ramen and put down his chopsticks.

"What if we both get sent to detention everyday so we could hangout? You know our lunch time is pretty short."

"What!? That's insane!? I love it, yes let's do that."

"Y'all are mad cute." Jisung smiled.

Then the loud pair got along with each other without any issues. What a couple.

EHEHEHEHEHEHEH this story has been stuck on my head since forever soooooksjrkrek...