It Was Christmas Morning | Modern AU

Start from the beginning

"Oh my, what's this?" said Obi-Wan as they set the box gently on the floor.

"A last-minute present we thought we'd get you," Ahsoka said, masterfully disguising her smirk. "It's for both of you."

Satine crossed the kitchen to stand next to Obi-Wan and Ahsoka kicked the box, a signal to Caleb.

As the two adults stooped forward to see the present, Caleb burst from the flaps and shouted, "Merry Christmas! Surprise!"

Satine jumped back and Obi-Wan nearly spilled his tea.

And then they all burst out laughing.

"Oh, Caleb," Satine sighed. She wrapped her arms around him and laughed into his shoulders. "Shall we open stockings now?"

"Yes!" Caleb cheered and immediately leaped out of the box to race across the room and grab his stocking off the wall. He grabbed Ahsoka's, too, and brought it to her. Anakin got his own.

"Someone's excited," Ahsoka mumbled to Anakin, pretending like she was trying to be secretive and jabbing her thumb over at Caleb. He giggled.

"Okay, one, two, three, go!" Satine said. The three flung open their stockings and looked inside. Ahsoka grinned, seeing a package of gummy bears, some lip gloss, a little book of activities, a few various other cosmetics, and some colorful pens.

Caleb shrieked at the little game of Jenga in his stocking, and chocolate coins filled the bottom. There were a few more things, but Caleb's main attention was on the candy and the Jenga.

Anakin got some wireless earbuds and a few other things as well.

While Anakin hooked up his new, wireless earbuds to his phone, Ahsoka and Caleb played with the Jenga on the floor, and Obi-Wan and Satine made breakfast. Caleb was surprisingly good at Jenga, and he ended up winning every time.

The five of them gathered around the table for a breakfast of cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs a bit later. Satine brought candles around after they said grace and they sang "Happy Birthday."

After breakfast, they cleaned up the kitchen a bit before sitting around the living room. Little Caleb wasted no time, immediately running around like crazy to divide up all the presents.

When everyone was ready, Obi-Wan read the Christmas Story from Luke in the Bible. Caleb fidgeted the whole way through, anxious to open gifts.

The next hour or so after  consisted of the sound of ripping wrapping paper and crumpling tissue paper and gift bags as the family opened presents in an orderly fashion. Caleb couldn't seem to stop squealing every time he opened a gift and it made Ahsoka laugh every time.

The rest of the day was spent enjoying the new gifts and the company of the other family members. Satine and Ahsoka prepared a simply delicious turkey dinner which they enjoyed with their neighbors, the Fetts, and the family had their annual showdown of "Nertz."

When the day ended, Caleb was so sorry that he had to go to bed. Ahsoka laughed and gave him a hug before tucking his new blanket around him.

"Don't worry, Christmas will come again," Ahsoka promised. "And anyway, we don't have to be sad that today is over, because we still have all our gifts tomorrow."

Caleb sighed. "But everyone is so happy on Christmas and not everyone is happy on other days."

"We can still be happy, and you know why?" Ahsoka said.

"Why?" asked Caleb.

"Because God gave us a gift that we can never forget and never repay and it will never run out. Eternal life. And we can celebrate him every day, you know that?"

"Yeah," Caleb smiled sleepily. "Can we play Jenga in the morning?"

"So long as you don't wake me up at five again," Ahsoka said.

"I won't." Caleb promised.

"Sure," Ahsoka laughed. "Goodnight Caleb."

"Goodnight, Ahsoka. And Merry Christmas." 

----------------------

Word Count: 1,286

Published: December 25, 2022

I love Christmas so much! Don't forget the real reason we celebrate. 

I'm so glad Christmas is on a Sunday this year. I love it when Christmas is on a Sunday!

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!