Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Kristina? What are you doing? You're shredding our napkins." Said Lizzy. "And what's up with your face? It seems like you're plotting against someone."

Don't forget that you kissed her! Oh that foul, foul mouth! Disrespectful, arrogant, jerk! Oh God! I need to wash something! I went to the kitchen and saw Hannah making a dough.

"Hey, Hannah! I need to wash something. Do you have anything dirty in here?" I asked.

She smirked and said, "You can start by washing those pans over there. Ginny was supposed to clean them but she set it aside for her to text her girlfriend or whatever."

"Typical, Ginny. I'll do it instead."

"Be my guest."

I retied my hair up and started to scrub the large pans.

"So Hannah... do you have a girlfriend?" I suddenly asked.

"Me? Nope. I'm not gay."

My eyes widened as I turned around to face her. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry... I didn't know... you were—"

Hannah laughed as she turned around to face me, "Kristina, it's okay. You don't have to apologize. People get confused sometimes at my sexual preference, but I'm used to it. Yeah I look like a lesbian but I'm not one. I just like dressing up like a guy... or looking like a guy. Makes me feel empowered, you know what I mean?"

"What do people tell you most of the time?"

"Some funny shits! Like I should dress more feminine, I shouldn't have a tattoo, I shouldn't cut my hair short 'cause having a long hair is more beautiful and so on... Those people are hypocrites. What do they know about me? Heck, what do they know about beauty anyways? A lot of people are getting dumb these days. You know, 'cause of the gadgets, smart phones... they would believe anything they see on the internet. Thus, foreshadowing the real meaning of beauty. It's what's on the inside that matters, not what you see on the tabloids or magazines. You're beautiful. Period. Don't let other people tell you otherwise. Does that make any sense to you?"

"Yeah. It makes a lot of sense."

"Sorry for blabbering. I don't get to talk to you guys that much." Said Hannah with a smile.

"I do understand where you're coming from."

Hannah's right! I shouldn't have to care what others think of me. Especially that jerk AJ!

"You know, what only matters to is what my daughter thinks of me. She loves her mommy no matter what."

"You have a daughter?"

"Yep! A six year old daughter. The love of my life." Hannah pulled out a picture from her wallet and showed me her little girl.

"Niña simpatica."

"It really melts my heart when she says she loves me. She's my savior and I love her so much. We all have flaws... but there would always be that one special person whom you can be yourself with, that one person who will love you no matter what, who will make you happy for the rest of your life. I hope you find yours soon, Kristina." Said Hannah giving me a sweet smile.

"I think I did. I was just too distracted to notice."

"Here, go upstairs." Said Hannah handing me a clean towel and a tumbler with juice in it. "I'm sure she's thirsty, she may want someone who would bring her some refreshments and also someone who would want to wipe off her sweat. Go ahead. She's on the third floor. I'll tell Carol that you have to leave for an emergency. Oh don't forget this candy bar." Said Hannah placing the candy bar on my right pocket.

I excitedly went to the third floor to see Jessie and when I opened the door... there she was. She suddenly stopped practicing and started to walk towards me.

"Hey, beautiful. Whatcha got there?"

I wiped off Jessie's sweat and gladly gave her a drink.

"You must be tired. Why don't you take a break?" I held Jessie's hands as we sat on the corner of the studio.

"Guys, my baby girl is here so you better show off some dance moves okay? Show her how good of a teacher I am." Said Jessie informing her dancers.

Jessie keeps on kissing my cheeks and I would just rest the back of my head on her shoulders while she hugs me from behind. She likes those kinds of things. I know I have feelings for Jessie. I wanna know where this leads to and I want to take a risk to love and be loved by her. Everything's gonna be okay from now on. Jessie is here with me and I feel safer in her arms. I don't want to label things with me and Jessie... for now. I'll know when it's the right time to say 'I love you too'... it must be pretty soon. It's not hard to fall in love with Jessie.

(Jessie's POV)

The dancers went home and only Kristina and I were left alone.

I was changing my shirt while Kristina sat at the piano stool dangling her feet up and down.

"It's 6:30. Let's stop by the store first before we head home. I need to buy some groceries for supper." Said Kristina.

"Okay. What's for dinner?"

"It's a surprise." She said with a tease.

I walked towards Kristina and said, "I'm getting hungry. What's that on your pocket?"

Kristina looked down to see what I was pointing at.

"It's a candy bar."

She stood up and reached into her pocket. She finally got the candy bar out when I suddenly noticed something fell from her pocket.

"Here. Eat this. But don't let it ruin your appetite okay? C'mon." said Kristina grabbing my hand.

My eyes are bolted at the thing that fell from her pocket which was very familiar to me.

"Kristina, is that your—"

"Jessie, we need to go now." Said Kristina cutting in. "The store might be close if we don't hurry it up."

"O-okay..."

I know for sure who owns that white handkerchief... It was AJ's.

TO BE CONTINUED...