Chapter Twenty Five

Începe de la început

"That's still a lot of money".

"I suppose so" I say knowing that by the time my parents die our family will have access to so much money we could buy whole countries. The honourable part of that is that my parents require a total of twelve percent of both what Winters Group makes and what they made, be given to charities all over the world. They made billions and gave trillions, it made me proud to be one of their children.

"I don't think they reveal to much to you about how Winters Group operates" I remark and my sister just laughs.

"Probably but I just have to make sure everything works, Abigail has to make sure money is well spent, and you have to make sure half a century of the Winters name being proclaimed to the world doesn't fade into obscurity for a second time".

"That sounds like a lot of pressure" Yana says and we all look up to her standing on the balcony leaning there with a smile on her face.

"Nathan's got this. I believe in my brother at least" Izzy says giving me a comforting smile and I return it knowing that simple gestures in the Winters Family always meant more. This family would always be there for one another and no one would ever question that.

"Don't feed his ego" Yana says.

"What ego, I just know I'm the best" I smirk, just as a way of goading her.

"Well I need to talk to you it's important" Yana replies, "also preferably bring the non-egoed Nathan up here".

Letting out a short laugh I move away from the living room to the front of the house before going up and having Yana lead me to a bleached sand paletted office that seemed a bit too formal for a Sorority that was filled with new students every other year.

"So it's about the ash brown haired girl sharing a house with your love interest".

"That sounds derogatory, she has a name" I say slightly snappily and Yana smiles.

"Arilynn Hamilton, I know. She's a sweet girl".

"Glad you like her, I would date her even if you didn't but none the less" I remark leaning against the window sill.

"I just find it funny that only after two years does Natalia appear, she did some messed up things, and needed therapy but you also know as well as I do no one leaves and comes back without some kind of agenda" Yana says as I scanned the room.

"I'm aware, has she talked to you at all or is this just from opinion?" I ask knowing Yana isn't often critical with no proof.

"She confided in me obviously not thinking I may know you. She is here to find weaknesses of you to use against you. The Raye family blames the Winters for their daughters decline, she is manipulating a way to get to you and damage your family".

I let out a sigh drumming my fingers on the window sill.

"My family has faced a lot of controversy in my life and my parents always dealt with it. Guess it's also why I knew better then to think it wouldn't come" I muse pushing off of the window and pulling out my phone before finding the security report I got sent.

"I've known for a week and me leaving to go to Greenwich in two days doesn't exactly pass me as untimed. Think about it three hours on the road I could be attacked anywhere".

"So how are you avoiding it?".

"I'm not. I'm capable of defending myself and the less that is clearly known, the more reckless whatever plan Natalia I'd apart of will become. People over step when they are too confident" I say handing Yana my phone to show her the information I got from my security team.

"Smart, so your whole plan is to wait until a mistake happens then bust them for it".

"Absolutely, also I talked to the Dean already Arilynn and I will be going to Greenwich for my business trip" I say.

"Why is Arilynn going with you?" Yana asks turning her head to give me an inquisitive look.

"I am pulling some strings to get her a modelling deal with various brands. I told those meeting with me that we'd be in Greenwich in the coming four days" I say.

"That goes into November, you know that right. Also Scarlett wanted to go go Greenwich to see you. Get closure, she's somewhat hopeful the feelings are still there but I think it's just that, hopefulness".

"I've moved on. Last I knew she did too, besides knowing what my family has been up to its best to just leave it as that".

"What do you?" Yana asks slowly.

"So you know how Louviere Financial lost half a trillion and then another hundred billion in about two weeks?" Yana nodded and I let out a sigh.

"Winters Group pulled all it's stock, including the investment firms that are ran by it. In two weeks WGI made a little over six hundred fifty billion dollars. My family stripped over fifty percent of the Louviere family empire in two weeks. They didn't explain why but I'm sure I'll find out eventually" I exhale.

"You're worried Scarlett will hate you because of it".

"Of course I am. Whatever war my parents are about to get into I don't want it costing the relationship I have with Scarlett even if I haven't talked to her in four months" I say.

"You know she is struggling be nice to her".

"I've been a part of the Winters Family too long to not distrust everyone until they prove themselves, especially that boy she's been around, I know who he is and I don't wish for her to get hurt again".

"Why not?".

"Complicated story, let's just say a decade ago the Halloway, Winters, and Louviere families had problems so they became two separate sides".

"That's Derek's lastname, Halloway?".

"Yes, and I wouldn't trust anyone with that name for a single second".

"What happened to people not being judged based off their parents".

"That's somewhat void when they escaped being punished for being shitty people".

"Nathan what happened?" Yana asks, rightfully so because I can tell she never was told though the last time she and Scarlett spent quality time together was when they both were fifteen.

"The De'Vincent and Halloway families plotted to murder the Winters they also targeted the Louvieres. The De'Vincent's were punished, and for some reason the Halloway's slipped out of being caught. Why I'm still trying to find out, so when Christmas break comes I will be checking my father's study, and also attending the Winters Group Holiday Gala with Arilynn where she can meet my family".

"Well then, whatever you're about to find could go deeper then you imagine. You know your parents hide a lot. It's the Winters Family billionaires, you know that as well as I do your parents have a fortune no one can trump".

"Yeah, a fortune so large no one but them know the true number they are owed, because they don't actually claim it. Their stake is just kept in a special account".

"Just be careful, I don't want to lose someone who I'd consider like a brother to me".

"Nothing will happen to me Yana, also I want some of the coffee my dear sister brewed" I say with a smile and exiting the room with Yana not far behind me.

So questions and coming events. Comment predictions, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️