Chapter 83: Kevin

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious. I didn't want to screw anything up.
"What if I do something embarrassing, and Streber all of a sudden stops loving me?"
"Kevin, that's insane. You do embarrassing things in front of Streber all the time, and he still loves you more than anything else." Jack helped me with my tie.
"Okay, but this is different, this is our wedding!" I exclaimed.
"Word of advice: take your anxiety meds every once in a while." Jack fixed my collar. "You'll do great, little bro."
I smiled. "Thanks, Jack..."
Jack smiled proudly. "I'm so proud of you, Kevin."
I hugged him carefully so I wouldn't mess up my suit. He was surprised at first, considering I'm not much of a hugger, but he hugged back. "I love you, little bro."
"Love you too, Jack."
~~~~~~~~
Before I knew it, I was standing underneath the arch, covered in roses. We lived in a small town, so almost everyone in the town was there. No pressure. No pressure at all.
After a moment, Streber had begun walking down the isle. Streber was the prettiest person I'd ever seen. And he was wearing a beautiful white suit, looking like it had been taken from a Victorian era painting.
I sighed, and stared into his eyes lovingly. I couldn't believe I was getting married to him. He's just so sweet, cute, and smart...
I was lost in thought. We were going to do the vows from Corpse Bride, even if it took a lot of convincing.
"With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine". I vowed.
Streber's expression was full of love and admiration. He looked so happy.
After he vowed, the preacher looked at me. "Kevin, do you take Streber as your lawfully wedded husband?"
I had a huge smile on my face. "I do."
"Streber, do you take Kevin as your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do!" He said happily.
"You may now kiss."
He didn't even finish the sentence before I pulled Streber into a kiss. We had been holding one another. It only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like hours. Magical hours.
I locked eyes with my now husband. I smiled. A tear began rolling down my face. I was just so happy.