Chapter 33: Kevin

"I think it's safe to say he's not fine." Radford said. "You have Evelyn's number, you should talk to her about this."
Heh. Yeah. Right. If I've had a single update on what's going on with Streber other than the pot and self harm, it's that he and his sister fight all the time now.
"They've been fighting a lot recently...I'm not sure it's a good idea.."
"Kevin..." Radford stopped. "You do care about Streber, right?"
Was he insane? Of course I did! Streber is my boyfriend. And I love him.
"Yeah..?" I said, confused.
"Then do this for him. Tell Evelyn. They may not have the best relationship right now, but Evelyn is his sister. And I'm sure she still cares about him."
I guess he was right...Streber needed help. And he was avoiding it.
"I'll talk to her later...I have a shift at the Candy Club, anyway...I'll see you, Radford..." I looked at the ground, scared.
What if he...? No..he wouldn't..I wouldn't know, he's been avoiding me, and he's been avoiding help.
I walked off without waiting for a response.
~~~~~
It was my first "real" day working at the Candy Club. My dad wasn't working there that day, so I was alone. I was anxiously trying to figure out what I wanted to tell Evelyn.
That's when Skid and his friend came in. With a weird monster looking thing. I didn't have time to worry about that. This kind of thing isn't unusual when it comes to Skid and Pump. I sighed and gave the three bags of candy.
I watched them leave. It's not that Skid and Pump were much of a problem, but I'd definitely need some repairs after their most recent visit.
I didn't have any more customers the rest of the night, because it's Halloween, and the last place people are getting candy is in a store, so I pulled out my phone and called Evelyn.
She picked up after a few rings.
"Kevin?" She asked. "Is everything okay?"
I sighed, not knowing where to begin.
"Hey, Ev...I-I'm really worried about Streber...I think he somehow has access to pot, I've seen self harm scars on his arm, and he's been isolating himself from even Radford and I...I'm scared..."
Evelyn was silent for a moment. I thought she hung up.
"I-Oh my god...are you sure?" She asked.
"His breath smells like pot, and when I visited him, his wrists had a bunch of scars, some fresh...and he's avoiding telling me what's wrong" I told her.
She's silent again for a bit. "I'll talk to him..."
"Alright...thanks, Ev..."
"No problem, Kev.."
She hung up. I buried my face in my hands. I was terrified. I love Streber with all my heart. What if he was...no..no he can't be..he has to be alive. I'm sure of it.
I hope...