Chapter 14: Streber

Gay panic gay panic gay panic. Kevin hugged me, which he does often, but this one felt warmer and really comforting.
I love him so much. But I can't tell him that! What is wrong with me? Why have I fallen for the most perfect guy?
Well, he's not perfect by any means. He's awkward, he's timid, and he's anxious all the time. But it was his imperfections that made me love him even more.
But I had imperfections that not even my own mom loves. Let alone the best guy on earth.
He would never fall in love with the weird vampire homo.
But I'm in love with him. And I don't want to risk losing him as a friend. And I'm scared that he'll be uncomfortable with me having a romantic interest in him. And I'm scared he's straight. He did say he was still figuring that stuff out, but I think he's straight. I hope not. But it's possible.
Soon, a waitress brings out our food and shakes, and we stop standing there awkwardly, and sit down to eat.
"I know he looked like that masked killer." I remarked, shoving a fry into my mouth.
Kevin giggled. "How do you eat with your fangs in?"
That's a good question, actually. I never really thought about that before.
"Practice."
~~~~~~~~
Spirit Halloween was crowded. It was only a week until Halloween, but there were still people cramming in their last decorations for the holiday, kids not being able to decide on their costumes, and people my age, buying buttons and Beetlejuice merchandise.
I began searching for an eye patch when I noticed Kevin talking to somebody.
He looked familiar. I think he was one of the actors in Rent last year. He was wearing glasses, one side red, the other blue, kind of like the 3d glasses you get when you watch a 3D film. He had light brown curly hair, and had on a reddish button up shirt. He had freckles on his cheeks. Honestly, he looked pretty good.
And Kevin was talking to him. They seemed to enjoy talking to each other, and I started to worry that they were interested in one another.
But I decided against confronting them. I had an eye patch to find, anyway.