Chapter 58: Kevin

I couldn't believe I was finally going to do this.
After Streber's shift on Halloween, I was taking him to his favorite park, and I would ask him to marry me. This was huge.
Of course, I was anxious out of my mind. I was so scared that Streber would say no and break up with me. I can't imagine a life without him being there by my side.
I was sure that wouldn't be the case. I know that Streber loves me, and he wouldn't flip out. Even if we're both still pretty young.
It was Halloween morning, and since my shift was later in the day, I thought I would be able to sleep in.
But I got a pretty rude awakening that crushed my hopes of sleep, when Streber started blasting DESTROYA at 8 in the morning.
Of course, I usually got up at 5:30, but ever since I hired Rick, he's been opening the shop earlier. He's even offering to work with me on the night shift. I can't understand why Radford doesn't like him very much. He's a great worker.
"Good morning, Streb..." I weakly get out.
Streber, still snuggled up next to me, hugging my left arm tightly, giggles a little bit. "Good morning sweets!"
I can't stay mad at him. He's so cute. "How did you sleep, Kev?" he asked.
"I slept alright." I rolled over and wrapped my arms around him. "How about you?"
"I slept great! I'm so excited for the haunted house tonight!" He exclaimed, a huge smile on his face.
I couldn't help but kiss him. "And I'm excited for you. You'll do great tonight!"
He gave me a heartwarming smile. "Yeah! And afterward, us taking a walk in the park, it'll be a perfect night!"
It would be perfect. If only I could tell him how excited I was to propose to him later on.
I kissed him on the forehead before saying, "Well, we should probably get up and take a shower-seperate showers, I mean! I know you're not ready for, you know-" my face turned red. Why am I so awkward?
Streber laughed. "I know what you mean, Kev." He smiled. "I already showered, like, an hour ago."
"Jesus Christ, how long have you been awake?" I chuckled.
"Only an hour and a half."
6:30 in the bloody morning.
"Alrighty, I guess I'll shower, then."
So far, it's been a normal Halloween, without any mishaps. And I hoped to keep it that way.