Chapter 52: Streber

I had a vampire costume on, as usual on Halloween nights. This year, I had on a Victorian white shirt, black pants, boots, and a green and black cape, being covered in fake blood. It almost felt like it was missing something.
But that didn't matter. I was out here to have fun. And scare some kids.
I've always loved haunted houses, and now I had the chance to be a scare actor for one.
I handled the final jumpscare of the house, but Jenna told me that that means next year, I would be the one in the front, pretty much the host of the place.
So, I was pretty excited about that.
Things have been going great. Lydia is finally fully stable, Kevin's just...amazing, Radford has been teaching me and Kevin how to cook, I started a true crime podcast(where I focus more on the victims than the actual killer)and I've been making a few friends from my acting classes.
And we've spent all year planning for the haunted house. And now, it was go time.
Before I left home, Kevin seemed worried about me. I could tell he was trying to hide it, but he seemed mortified at the thought of me going.
I kept reminding him that the house wasn't actually haunted, and that got a few laughs out of him.
Once I arrived at the haunted house, Jenna asked me to hide by the stairs in a small pocket of area that I wouldn't be seen in before I jumped out at a visitor.
Now, it was only a matter of time before visitors would arrive.
~~~~~~~~
The night went by so quickly, I spent my time jumping out at kids as they were anxiously walking through the house, and it was a lot of fun seeing the children jump out of their skin whenever I jumped out at them.
But it was done before I knew it.
"Streber, your shift is over!" Fang, one of the other actors shouted out at me when the house was free of guests.
"Alright, thanks, Fang!" I shouted back, as I made my way to the dressing room. I changed into a white button up without fake blood and a clean pair of black jeans.
After leaving the house, I made my way to McDonalds for some fries for celebration.