Chapter 17: Kevin

"I-I think I'm in love with you, Kevin..."
I thought I had imagined it. Streber, sitting here, at his most vulnerable, telling me he might be in love with me. I froze. "W-what?"
"K-Kevin-I.."
His eyes become watery. "Kevin, I'm..." He starts vomiting again. He looks like he's in pain.
I begin panicking. I grabbed an empty cup off the ground, filled it with water from the sink, and once he stopped, I gave him the cup.
"Th-thanks..." he said when I gave him the cup. He drank the water rather quickly, and he started to look less hurt. "I-I'm sorry.." he mutters.
What does he have to be sorry about? "Don't apologize, Streber...I...I may be in love with you too..." I said after a moment of hesitation.
Streber looked at me with a glimmer in his eyes. Like he'd been waiting to hear those words all his life. He mustered up the strength to stand up and hugged me. Tightly. He was covered in his own puke, but I didn't care. I hugged him back. We held each other for a couple of minutes before we heard Tamara, who was clearly very drunk, knocking on the door.
"Are you two done!?" She asked harshly.
We looked at each other, and after a couple of seconds, we started laughing.
I opened the door to see Tamara holding a flask, looking at me with her black soulless eyes. She wasn't wearing a costume. She had on a dark blue hoodie, probably a hand-me-down from her brother, gray jeans, and her hair was ratted in a messy, short ponytail.
"Finally!" She said, before running past us and vomiting into the toilet.
Or, onto, I should say.
"Wanna get out of here and get McDonald's or something?" I asked.
"Sure!" Streber asked, still a bit drunk.
We started heading downstairs, holding each other's hands so we didn't lose each other in the crowd of people.
"Oh, hold on, I should get changed." Streber said, gesturing to a bag he was carrying with a change of clothes.
"Alright, I'll wait for you, Streb." I smiled at him.
Wow. I can't believe it. Part of me was nervous that he only said that he liked me because he was drunk, but I held onto the hope he actually meant it.
A few minutes later, he comes back wearing black jeans and an oversized gray jumper. Of course, he didn't remove his vampire fangs, but he had washed them, I could tell.
There was a sea of people around us. A couple of guys, probably either seniors or in college dressed up as army men, an 8th grader dressed as some kind of rapper, accompanied by a girl dressed up as a demon, who looks like she's also in 8th grade, people cheering over a physical fight between a couple of Edd's friends, Tord and Tom, and everyone's wasted.
Am I the only sober person here? Probably.
Streber hugged my arm, sleepily. "Can we go get some fries now?" He asked.
I smiled at him. "Yeah, sure."