I could feel him saunter past, "My only request, is that you don't let this offer leave your thoughts."

The rain whisked away his attendance, and soon my legs felt like crumpling to the ground. I bit into my hand as a loud cry broke out of my throat. I wanted to scream. I wanted to collapse. I wanted to vanish. I couldn't believe I had just turned him down. I wanted to yell his name into the air, but I knew that wouldn't change my answer.

I picked up the wet bag, tears following in the rain's steps, and I staggered over to the door. I chose Mammon because I loved him—although we weren't the same, it was a love I didn't want to leave behind. I lifted the idle keys, until they reached my hand, before opening the door.

The raven-haired was seated on the couch closest to the hearth, his hand gripping his clad chest. He looked awfully jaded, but I would permit worry to rise later.

"You...," I started. "You told him, about us?"

Mammon immediately stood up, "I thought he knew Luka."

I put down the dripping bag and the keys on the cacao vanity table, bitterly receiving a view of my dolorous face. "Why didn't you tell me you were meeting with Ezekiel?"

"Why didn't you tell him about us?"

"Mammon please. What was he doing here?" I tried to demand, though my voice was too brittle. "Did it have something to do with Zalgiur? Are you worried about...blacking out again?"

"I'm not answerin' any of your questions until you tell me." The raven-haired clenched his fists, and fixed his grey eyes on the round table. "Are you ashamed of me?..."

"What? No!" I exclaimed, shaking my head. Why would he even think that?

"Do you hate that you fell in love with a demon?"

"No! Mammon! Where is this-"

"Then, why didn't you tell him!?" He slammed his fists against the tiered table, making me wince. Why was he acting this way? His hand leaped quickly to his chest, and my eyes went round with cognisance. He was in pain!

"Mammon! Are you okay?" I lunged past the leather couch towards him, but he rose to his feet.

"Stay- back!"

The coffee table hindered me from going further. "What happened when I was away? Why are you in pain?"

I didn't allow my mind to entertain the starved inkling that Ezekiel hurt him—because I knew he wouldn't dare.

"I'm not in fucking pain!" Mammon detached the hand. "And, don't act like you care...when you're so damn ashamed of me!"

"I'm not ashamed of you, and I don't want to fight with you when you're in pain!"

"Stop fucking talking!" he screamed, combing a hand through his mussed up hair.

A silence erupted in the gap between us.

"Luka, it's over. I can't...do this anymore."

My brows furrowed. He couldn't have been serious. "Mammon, you don't mean that."

"I do mean it," the raven-haired intoned as he reeled, and my ears searched them for a touch of pain. "I don't need this anymore."

"You don't..." I strode around the table over to him. "You don't mean it! I know you love me, the same way I love you! Please, just tell me what's going on! I know you don't wan-"

He twisted around as the rain grew harsh against the porch door. "God fucking damn it Luka! Why don't you get that I don't want you in my life anymore! I don't fucking love you like you think I do!"

My jaw fell open as a tear revived the path on my cheek. "You're lying..."

"Your friend, figured me out faster than you did. I almost pity you," he hissed. "So desperate for love, that you look for it in a demon."

I shook my head.

Mammon took a step forward, and I could feel his breath on my lips. "Why do you think they're so eager to convert me? 'Cause I make fools like you fall in love with me so fucking easily, and then...I leave you."

"I did it to Elise. I did it to Juliana. I did it to Harper. You're just another one on my list."

The mention of their names ignited something hateful in the pit of my stomach. I shoved him onto the leather couch, as I did the tears and the voice chanting that all of his words were a lie. Demons were cruel, even a child knew that. I peeled off the damp suede jacket, hurling it at him before storming to the door. And still I thought he was different. I thought he could love me.

I should have known.

The rain sunk through my scalp and the thin grey shirt, nestling on my hot skin as I cut through the darkness. The water marshalled behind my back, as though I was their general, before plumy wings spouted from my back. I had not a notion where I was going, but my mind could lead no longer. It succumbed to all the memories we shared. Our impassioned kisses. Every night he held me close. All of the places he branded with his touch. Each memory brought more pain than the last.

No.

Beads of water pitched from my hair as I took out my phone. I couldn't brood over him. I had people back home that cared truly, and I was going to pour my attention on them. I tapped on the albino's contact.

I was going to come home.