'tis a date

"You know, I'm surprised we aren't having coffee at the forest Mammon," I teased with both my eyes, and voice whilst we ambled on the path with a carpet of thin ice rolled down it.

       "Thought you could use a...change of scenery for once." The raven-haired's arm was thrown around my neck as his hand oscillated; I was sure it would make a great pendulum. "Y'get to see a bunch of cups and tables, instead of a shit ton of trees and bugs with too many fucking legs."

       "And, who said I didn't like trees and bugs with too many legs?" I retorted playfully, my face dialing in an offended expression.

       "And who said I ever said that?" Both of our laughs came out as short-lived white clouds, ousting the debating mood out from us. "You know what I'm surprised about?"

       I gazed at him, "What?"

      "You're so energetic this morning. I can't even force you outta' bed on other days, but today? You got up before I pressed the button on my speaker!"

      "That's because you said we were going on a date!" I exclaimed quietly lest the group of girls, armed to the teeth with thick winter clothing, nearing us were to hear. The health of the temperature in this small town continued to wane, like lofty mountains shrinking due to old age. And sooner or later, snow would fall unto our heads. (Hence, why Mammon had pressured me into wearing his thick puffer jacket.)

       "And besides, I...needed a distraction."

       The raven-haired sipped some cold air before glancing ahead. "I'd give you a distraction but, not sure you'd want me to kiss you in front of all these people."

       I couldn't help but crack a grin.

       "Unless...that's what you want, Luka. We could give them a show."

       The grin instantly changed into an open mouth, corroborated by a tenacious blush, put not by the ice, on my face. "Repent!"

       Mammon smirked at me when another walked by, "And if I don't? Are you gonna' punish me, hm angel?"

       As the blush carried on raging, and terrorising my face, I elbowed him in the sheltered—with a black half zip—bend of his waist. "If you keep making me blush like this, someone's going to notice!"

       He ruffled up my brown hair, so as not to let it freeze. "Can't help it angel. You're cute when you blush."

       "Stop it!" I turned my head away, occupying my eyes with the further windows of shops offering a service.

        Since the hour hand was only reaching ten, I hadn't expected it to be so busy already. There were many people pottering down the streets of Weißstein, most of which were going to their designated coffee shop.

        The stone path had started to become steep, and narrow enough to ensue a feeling of worry. "Are we nearly there?"

      "Yeah baby, it's just up ahead." The raven-haired trained his finger at one of the scores of outlets, causing me to cock my head to the side in curiosity. My eyes had become a detector, scanning each shop for anything coffee-related. And then, I found a small shop. The front wall was made entirely from glass, with white stickers saying "kaffee" flanking the doors; it differed substantially from the orange brick wall above it. Plain, proturbent white letters—each contributing in spelling the word "somniphobia"—were attached to the strip of burgundy atop.

       "I've been there a shit ton of times...and I still don' know what it means."

        "It means fear of sleep, and I think it's quite fitting," I commented breezily as Mammon confiscated his arm from my shoulders, and pushed ajar one of the glass doors, with a poster displaying the opening hours taped to it.