New town, new me?

"Hey, Lukie." Ezekiel placed his hand heavily on my shoulder, jerking me awake. "Stop falling asleep, will ya?"

        "Right, right. I'm sorry." I stood upright, letting my arm fall from the hood of the blue car car in front of us and back to my side. It was the first time I had seen a car up close yet, I couldn't enjoy it due to how fatigued I was from the trip here. Usually, the angels would plainly fly down to Earth themselves, but Ezekiel decided for us to go in an airship. We didn't go straight to Earth either. We spent a good few hours touring other galaxies—and I assumed that it was only to spite his dynast uncle. Although I didn't know how that'd work, I went along with it. The airship was a lot slower but sapped my energy quicker.

         "This isn't the time for you to be falling asleep," the cherub said softly, his hand yet lying on my shoulder.

         "I would fall asleep too if I had to be around your boring self," his assistant, Helena barked as she took the wad of notes and proffered it to the taxi driver, a contradicting smile on her face. "Keep the change."

         "Really? God bless you sir."

         "Sir!? I'm a woma-" The sound of the car driving off overpowered her cry. "So much for the tip..."

          Ezekiel and I burst into laughter as we saw the glower on her face. Helena was undoubtedly taller—she stood at a prodigious a hundred and eighty-three centimetres, even taller than me, at a hundred and eighty centimetres—than the average woman and had quite a deep voice, so it wasn't foreign to any of us that she was mistaken for a man. But the problem was, she was wearing a skirt and heels.

        "Maybe that wouldn't happen if you grew out your hair," Ezekiel commented before chuckling quietly.

        I grimaced at the albino, "No, I think she looks better with short hair."

       "Precisely, and I would only grow out my hair if you cut yours. I'd rather be damned than look like you."

       Ezekiel frowned comically, "Isn't that a bit too extreme Helena?"

       "Not even close," she quipped before pivoting on her heel. "Now, let us get moving boys."

        "Ah ah ah. Wait just a minute." Ezekiel pulled the bag off my shoulder. "Do you mind holding this, Helena dear?"

        I felt myself cringe as he said that. Why were they like this? "Ezekiel...there's really no nee-"

       Helena waved her slender hand at me—her way on telling me not to object and that she would deal with him later—before taking the dark green bag from him, her eye twitching whilst doing so. The albino was always trying to mess with Helena, perhaps in attempt to witness her true anger but she would only ever respond with witty remarks. As far as I can remember, she never told him off for some reason and remained steadfast.

        Helena stood still for a second, waiting for us to catch up before taking the air's place beside me. I smiled at her sympathetically, then letting my eyes study the unfamiliar area as we strolled. As predicted, it really was nothing like Heaven. The building were rather tall with gable roofs; the ground floor walls were all painted with different colours whilst the top walls were kept white. I screwed up my face internally. The colour choices were all dissonant. I mean, who painted one shop a champion cobalt and then another an obtrusive red. The shops in Heaven were all painted accordingly so that the colours were all in harmony with one another. "What is this place?"

       "Weißstein."

      "Weißstein?"

      "Correct. We're in the Main Street, meaning that we are pretty far from where Mammon resides."

Demon Turned Lover [BxB]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें