Date?

Bang.

A strident noise jolted me out of my attempted doze, leaving me startled and frustrated. What the hell was that? My brows drew together as I sprang up from the couch, eyes frantically bouncing around the conjoined room but everything was still. I exhaled loudly. It was probably just Mammon messing around in his room. I moved around the side of the couch, hissing as my thigh made contact with the sharp corner of the glass table. God damn it. I squeezed the possibly-bruised area before a note left in front of the door caught my eye—I didn't remember seeing that when I came into the living room, and the door didn't have a letter box. Perhaps, Mammon came out earlier and dropped it?

I lumbered over to it. The twinges of pain in the side of my thigh stopped, almost as though noticing that note healed it. Though, it was probably because I was more focused on the note than the pain. I flipped it over and was met by capitalized letters that read "Come to Café Bliss to have a chat. See you then!"

It was probably for Mammon—at least, that was what I thought until I saw my name at the bottom with a screwed-up smiley face beside it.

My eyes focused and then refocused on the note, attempting to figure out who would have sent this to me. It could have been Bri but I had never told her that I lived with Mammon, so I was betting on it being one of Mammon's friends—Sorra, Nikolai or Claude. But why would they want to meet me? I met them just a day ago.

I stuck the note in my pocket and crouched down to tie my laces, giving the raven-haired's legs a sidelong glance as they got closer to me.

"Where the hell are you going?"

I peered up at Mammon who had a toothbrush dangling from his mouth, a thin white foam outlining his plump lips. "Out."

He quickly took the toothbrush out of his mouth as his eyebrows rose higher than the Mount Sinai, "What? Did you finally get a date?"

"No I didn't, and do you know where the Café Bliss is?"

His toothpaste-glazed lips contorted into a smirk, "So you did get a date!"

I rolled my eyes at him before turning the lock and stepping out.

"Go straight and then take a left-" The door slamming shut cut him off. I didn't know why he was so fixed on whether I got a date or not—I mean, I didn't even know who I was meeting with.

The wooden floorboards creaked with each step as I glided my palm across the cold metal railing. The image of his lips was still fresh in my mind—the pink tint of his wet lips and how soft they looked. I wondered how they would feel on my- I shuddered. Luka, you needed to stop this. You couldn't be thinking about things like that. You couldn't like a demon. You weren't capable of loving him. I leapt off of the second-last step as I grumbled at my own inner voice scolding me. Though, I deserved it. I was always deluding myself about my feelings towards Mammon.

I began skipping along the wet pavement bounded by cars, steering clear of the narrow puddles. The sun was beating down on me mercilessly, yet I was still freezing because of the winds. I still needed to get used to this weather. I stuffed my hands in my pockets in attempt to warm them up and continued walking—occasionally smiling at the dogs that were gambolling behind their owner, their tongues hanging out of their mouths. Some tried coming closer to me but were swiftly yanked away by their owners—which I was grateful for. I never really liked having dogs jump onto you and start licking your face ruthlessly.

Though, there was one dog in particular. They were scurrying behind their owner, its tongue lolling out. I immediately knew it was a corgi—merely because Mikkel had the same breed. It had fawn fur that faded into a white colour and ears that were rounded at the top and perked up. It looked exactly like Arlo. Of course a lot of corgis looked alike, but I guess seeing it brought back memories that were long forgotten—like when Mikkel absolutely hated our corgi Arlo, and would avoid him until he found Mikkel's toy train or when I would find him sleeping on Arlo's bed, his arm wrapped around the dog for dear life.