"He does," Brin agreed. "I don't think anyone could mistake him for anyone else's son."

I didn't know how they could see me; all the questions were building up. If I looked so much like my parents, and what Brin said is true, then how come Kian didn't mention anything? I didn't know what I looked like, and I only had a slight memory of my parent's appearance.

"See, I thought it would be best to call your parents because they were rather close with the Crnmikoh's." Whilst Caspian was continuing to explain, my mind was focused on that name. I recognised it immediately. I hadn't heard my surname in years. Nobody ever used it, causing me to separate myself from it.

"Yes, we wondered what happened to their son." Lana brought me back to reality. "The last time we saw him was when he was five. He and Farley loved to play together."

My head turned towards Farley's direction. We used to play together? I didn't know why that made my cheeks warm up. We technically didn't meet for the first time a month ago. I felt like that shouldn't alter my perception as much as it did.

It was then that the situation hit me. I was learning about myself and my past. I wasn't just entering a new world of busses and talking to people who aren't really there. I was learning about when I was a child, before I had built solid memories.

"I'm so pleased that you found each other again," Brin said. It was a different tone to what he had used when talking about the movie. It was kind and nostalgic. "It's been weighing on our minds for over a decade."

"I'm glad I met him too," Farley said whilst rocking on his heels. "So, can he stay?"

What? Staying? I knew that I'd be here for a while, but I didn't know about staying. I still had a place back at the packhouse. I still had my room, my clothes. I would miss Alder; I'd miss the routine which I had created.

"That's up to Pax," Caspian said with a sigh. "We don't have a lot of space here. I'm sure that we could work something else out."

"I don't want to get anyone into trouble," I muttered. "Kian will be angry, he's already angry."

"Kian? As in the alpha of the Hischwich pack?" Brin gave a whistle. "I feel sorry for you lad, my dad used to be in that pack. He saw Kian grow up there. Kindest man you'd ever meet, wouldn't say any word of praise to Kian's parents."

I didn't want to admit how interested I was in this information. Kian had been cold and bitter since I could remember. He never gave sympathy, besides when Daphne and Alder came. Rosary and I had discussed it that night, when the mother and son first came to the house. We thought that it was Kian turning over a new leaf, that there would be more positive changes to come. That wasn't the case at all. Kian didn't get worse, rather he pretended like nothing happened.

Farley nudged my shoulder, once again bringing me back to the real world. My head lifted and I actively tried to make words out of the sounds I was hearing. Lana said, "How long have you been there? The last thing we heard was that you had to live in a temporary household."

I rocked too far forward on my feet, causing me to stumble a few steps. "I've been there for about ten years," I replied.

"Ten years? That's far too long-"

"Dad, we don't need to start doing this."

"No Farley, we do. I know Kian, I know people like Kian. That poor boy has probably never left the forest in ten years and has probably been neglected to near death."

My head had decided that pretending to look at the floor was a wonderful idea. I couldn't see the wood, which was below my feet, but it was fascinating.