89. Christmas Is Just Around The Corner!

The following week, Maddie found herself sitting in her bathroom and staring down at a small stick in her hand with two bright lines showing up.

"No, no, no," The teenager whispered horrified.

"This cannot be happening. Fuck," She mumbled, still staring at it in shock.

Somehow, the teenager had sneakily snuck a test from out of her Mom's bedroom since she knew they were trying for a baby, and her Mom, the ever-prepared one had already brought them beforehand.

"Bambina?" Carina questioned, knocking on the door.

Maddie flinched at the sudden noise, quickly wrapped the test in some tissue and shoved it in the pockets of her pyjama pants before she stood up and opened the bathroom door.

"Hi Mama," Maddie quietly said, shuffling out of the bathroom door and shutting it behind her.

"Are you alright, Bambina?" Carina asked concerned.

"Y-Yeah, all good. Just needed to use the toilet... All yours now," Maddie smiled, desperate to hide her worry she felt.

"I was just coming to look for you, I am going to start to make some of my Nonna's cookies and wondered if you would like to help me make them?" The brunette wondered.

Right now, any type of smell of food made Maddie feel incredibly nauseous, so she did her best to not pull a face at all to not make anything look suspicious.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm feeling sort of tired now so I'm just going to go and lie down," The teenager made up an excuse.

Carina continued to look concerned but nodded in agreement.

"Okay, Bambina. Just shout us if you need anything at all," The woman told her daughter.

"Got it. Thanks," Maddie said, nodding in agreement.

The teenager didn't say anything else as she shuffled back in the direction of her bedroom, shutting the door behind her and flopping onto her bed.

"How the hell am I meant to hide this from them? My mama is an OB/GYN, she's gonna know that something is up," The blonde thought to herself as she huffed, staring up at the ceiling.

Maya was standing in front of the table, a bunch of different toys in front of her ready to be wrapped and given out to the children of those parents who couldn't afford to buy any as she noticed her wife with a glum expression on her face.

"You look like something is on your mind, my love. What is the matter?" She asked.

Carina was in the middle of baking her cookies when she exhaled a deep sigh.

"Does... Does Maddie seem quieter to you than normal?" The brunette questioned.

"I can't say that I have noticed but you know, she's a teenager and she tends to go from one extreme to the other," Maya chuckled slightly.

"Why do you ask?" She wondered.

Carina gave her wife a pointed look and shook her head.

"I'm being serious, Maya!" The brunette exclaimed.

"I know... I know, she's probably just sulking because she's still grounded after the stunt that she pulled and is probably wanting to go out with her friends," Maya explained.

"I-I think it's something more serious. You know usually, she loves the holidays and all the magic of it," Carina reminded her.

"Yeah, I'm amazed that she has any Christmas spirit at all growing up in that house with Lane," The blonde mumbled as she stared down at the toys.