17. Moving In

Maya moved to stand behind Carina as she found her making her famous french toast and humming to herself. Maya wraps her arms around Carina from behind and kisses her shoulder

"I usually just make a protein shake and just drink it on my way to work," Maya said as she wraps her arms around Carina, the Italian work smirks and gives her a forkful and Maya moans in delight, "Mmm! Okay, that might just be better than sex." Maya said. Carina chucked.

"Haha. That sounds like a challenge," Carina said.

"I feel guilty being this happy when people are dying every day," Maya said as she leaned up against the fridge.

"Mm. I feel guilty that Warren is not seeing his wife or kids and we're here in the shack," Carina said as she moved over to the table.

"In the shack?" Maya questioned.

"On the shack?" Carina asked. Maya realised what she was saying. "What is it?" She asked.

"Oh, you mean shacking up," Maya smiled.

"Yeah?" Carina said smiling. "Yeah, yeah!" She said as Maya grabbed hold of her face and they locked their lips together. "Shacking up. We're shacking up." She confirmed as she walked back to where she was cooking. Maya looked around at all of Carina's belongings with panic.

Maddie walked out of her bedroom and wasn't quite awake yet, she had her eyes half open as she walked through the hallway and almost fell over the boxes that were piled up high. Totally forgetting that Carina moved in last night, there were boxes everywhere of the Italians belongings.

"Ah damn it!" Maddie exclaimed as she stubbed her toe on a box. Maya ran out of her bedroom in a panic after hearing the commotion.

"Are you okay?" Maya asked frantically. Maddie nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine I just stubbed my toe on the boxes... there's a lot of them," Maddie said. Maya looked at the boxes and hesitantly nodded. "Carina moved in?" Maddie stated.

"Carina moved in," Maya said in agreement as they sidestepped around the boxes. Maddie walked back into the kitchen, she propped her elbows up on the kitchen island as Maya went to get ready for work.

"Buongiorno Bambina," Carina greeted the youngest member of the family.

"Good morning Carina," Maddie said as she leaned against the Island while she continued to watch the Italian women make breakfast. "Oooh, did you make french toast?" she asked.

"I did, I thought you might have missed it," Carina said. Maddie nodded excitedly as Carina handed her a plateful of food and a glass of orange juice, which she was quick to accept, moving to sit down at the table with it.

"Do you want any help unpacking your boxes? Hopefully, I don't have to go into the station with Mom so I can help you unpack," Maddie offered as cut up and ate a forkful of french toast.

"That would be great if you wouldn't mind Bambina," Carina said appreciatively.

"Wouldn't mind what?" Maya wondered as she walked back into the kitchen.

"I was hoping that I could stay home with Carina so I could help her unpack," Maddie told her.

"Yeah sure kid, I don't mind that," Maya said and then looked at her girlfriend, "I wish that I could help you, but I have to go to work, Sullivan's got his hearing today and they're hosting it at the station," Maya said.

"That's okay Bella, I have got my little helper to help me out with it all," Carina said. Maddie smiled and nodded with a mouthful of food.

"That's good then, at least you won't be complaining all day that you're bored kiddo," Maya said.