67. Maybe One Day

"So, what's the whole reason that your wife seems mad at you?" Dean questioned Maya as they piled water up to take downstairs.

Maya let out a sigh, "We've had a disagreement," she muttered quietly.

"Well, whatever you did she seems pretty upset about it, Maya," Dean replied as he continued to load water.

"It was about having babies," Maya told the man.

"Right?" Dean narrowed his eyebrows.

"She said that she wanted to discuss it. I said my piece, and we made a decision, but now it's like I'm being punished for that," she said as she sighed and then noticed the silent look Dean was giving her. "What?" she questioned.

"Still sounds like you made the decision, though," Dean pointed out.

"No. She said, "Fine, if you don't want them, then we won't have them" Maya explained.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a "we" decision, that sounds like a "you" decision, which is... Look, some decisions are "you decisions", but others, you should really make them as a team.

But I told her when we got married that I didn't think I wanted to have kids.

Yeah, but still.

But still what?

Still, it's a decision that's gonna affect her entire life. You should at least have a conversation about it. [Elevator bell rings]

You're saying I'm selfish.

I'm saying that you're used to making decisions about your own life, right or wrong, alone and I recognize that, because... surprise... I'm the same way, too [Klaxon interrupts conversation]

Duty calls, Miller

That it does, Bishop. That it does.

"Hey, mama!" Maddie called out as she walked over to Carina who was busy trying to take care of a patient.

Carina fixed the IV on the teenager and looked over at her daughter, "Hello, Bambina's. How was the park and the ice cream?" she questioned.

"It was good," Sarah said as she smiled at the woman.

"Yeah, I mean that it was hot so the ice cream melted pretty quick but it was still good," Maddie added in.

Carina couldn't help but laugh slightly, "That would be expected on a hot day like this, Bambina," she said.

"What happened?" Maddie asked curiously as she looked over at the male teenager who was currently sitting" in a bath of ice and looked in pain. "Is he okay?" she asked concerned.

"Si. We're just trying to help him before the aid car gets here," Carina explained to the two teenagers who looked worried. "Are you girls going to stick around here or head back home?" she questioned.

"Well, it's too hot to even walk so we'll probably stick around here," Maddie answered as the sound of the klaxon went off. "Sounds like mom has to go out on a call," she noted.

"Yeah, it seems like it, Bambina," Carina agreed with her daughter.

Moments later, Maya ran through the barn with Dean not far behind her. "Gotta go out a call, see you later," she called over to the family. "I love you both," she told them.

"Bye, Mom! See you later," Maddie waved over.

"Bye, Maya!" Sarah joined in.

Carina blew a kiss to her wife, "Bye Bella, be safe! I love you," regardless of how mad she was with her wife, she wasn't going to not wish her good luck nor forgot to exchange a 'love you' before she left.