44. It's Wedding Day!

"Good morning, sunshine! It's a beautiful day outside!" Maya exclaimed, walking through the door of the apartment after she had just gotten back from her usual morning run.

Maddie walked out of her bedroom tired while she rubbed her eyes, "It's so early still. It should be illegal to be so happy this time in the morning." She grumbled.

Maya chuckled and walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. "Sorry, kiddo. I can't help it." She said.

"Any specific reason why you're so happy?" Maddie asked while she smirked.

"Well, there could be a couple of reasons," Maya said and she can't but grin.

Maddie let out a laugh and leaned against the island in the kitchen. "I can't believe that you are actually getting married today, Mom!" She exclaimed.

Maya unscrewed the cap of the water bottle and took a sip of it. "I know Mads; I cannot quite believe it myself." She stated. "Oh, the papers are back at the station in my office just in case your mama came across them by accident. Tia Andy's going to pick them up on her way over," she explained in a hushed voice.

"That's great! I can't want to give them to mama," Maddie said as she grinned.

Carina headed into the kitchen as she heard the two blondes' whispering. "What are the two of you whispering about?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing." Maddie was quick to say.

"Uh-huh," Carina said unconvinced but let it go.

"Well, anyways, I am going to go shower," Maya told them as she put the bottle of water down onto the kitchen worktop.

"Yeah, no offence mom but you stink," Maddie joked cheekily.

"Hey, cheeky!" Maya said as she swatted her daughter playfully while Maddie stuck her tongue out while Carina couldn't help but smile and stare at Maya as she walked out of the kitchen.

"I can't believe that you are both getting married today," Maddie exclaimed. "I am so excited for you both!" she added.

"I know. I feel excited Bambina and I can't wait to marry your mom." Carina exclaimed. "So, is Sarah coming to the wedding?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know how that is going to work with her mom being so difficult," Maddie said. "That women doesn't like me at all!" she exclaimed.

"Gee, I really love you, and we're..." Maya started to sing to herself as she worked on something for the wedding.

"Gonna get married," Carina joined as Maya rushed over and wrapped her arms around Carina as they spun around and laughed.

"Going to the chapel of love," Maya said as she leaned into Carina and kissed her soon-to-be-wife, "How do you know that song?" she questioned.

"Because my dad was obsessed with 60's girl groups," Carina told the blonde.

"Ohh!" Maya said as she continued to sing the chapel of love. "Spring is here," she said as she danced with the Italian.

"Okay, okay, I'm getting a little concerned about how giddy you are," Carina told the blonde. "I-I'm giddy, too, though," she said.

"Yeah?" Maya asked.

"Yeah. I mean, as much fun as four weeks in a pandemic hell and... and two weeks of quarantine was, this is a tiny, tiny bit better." Carina said as emphasized it with hand gestures as Maya continued to sway with her. "Okay. You're sure you don't want to invite your parents?" she asked as she groaned when Maya frowned and pulled away.